Register

[success] AMD RX 480 8 GB + MSI H110M Gaming + Skylake i5 6500

Motherboard
MSI H110M Gaming
CPU
I5-6600K
Graphics
GTX 1070
According to your profile, you have a Nvidia GTX 1070 graphics card. Nvidia makes their own drivers for use in macOS and publishes them on their website (also known as Nvidia WebDriver). You can find more information in this post. Note that Nvidia has not updated the WebDrivers to work on Mojave as of this time (26 Nov 2018), so you use macOS 10.13 High Sierra for now.

The flickering and lag should be fixed by proper graphics drivers. Good luck!
Yes. Forgot to mention that. I installed the graphics driver and know for sure its the right one. It worked on my first unibeast/multibeast install, but kexts and files were an absolute mess with tons of things I didn't understand the purpose of. Trying a cleaner install now. When restarted it doesn't select the new web driver but reverts to default every time, and won't boot without USB. I figure I can fix a lot of issues on reboot if I can transfer usb kexts and config. to the new boot drive but CC won't allow to mount usb. Would you by chance have any ideas as to why?

Motherboard
MSI H110M Gaming
CPU
Intel Core i5 6500 @ 3,19 GHz
Graphics
AMD RX 480 8 GB (HIS branded)
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, iMac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I installed the graphics driver and know for sure its the right one. It worked on my first unibeast/multibeast install, but kexts and files were an absolute mess with tons of things I didn't understand the purpose of. Trying a cleaner install now.
Have you tried to use the system without the Nvidia GPU? It's best to start with basic setup and add a dGPU later. That's how I did it anyway.
won't boot without USB.
Have you followed post-install steps from the guide? Please attach your /EFI/CLOVER directory (without themes - can be the one from USB).
I figure I can fix a lot of issues on reboot if I can transfer usb kexts and config. to the new boot drive but CC won't allow to mount usb. Would you by chance have any ideas as to why?
You should see all disks in CC and just try mounting EFI on all of them to see which one is the USB. That screen can be confusing!

Motherboard
MSI H110M Gaming
CPU
I5-6600K
Graphics
GTX 1070
scot
Have you tried to use the system without the Nvidia GPU? It's best to start with basic setup and add a dGPU later. That's how I did it anyway.

Have you followed post-install steps from the guide? Please attach your /EFI/CLOVER directory (without themes - can be the one from USB).

You should see all disks in CC and just try mounting EFI on all of them to see which one is the USB. That screen can be confusing!
I know. The boot drive is mounted, but when I go to mount usb it doesn't respond

Motherboard
MSI H110M Gaming
CPU
I5-6600K
Graphics
GTX 1070
scot

I know. The boot drive is mounted, but when I go to mount usb it doesn't respond
Im looking at the plist that clover generated on first boot into high sierra, and it looks like a heaping mess in CC. SOOO many options selected it looks doomed to fail. Im a noob and still trying to understand all these concepts so forgive me if I'm uninformed

Motherboard
MSI H110M Gaming
CPU
I5-6600K
Graphics
GTX 1070

Im looking at the plist that clover generated on first boot into high sierra, and it looks like a heaping mess in CC. SOOO many options selected it looks doomed to fail. Im a noob and still trying to understand all these concepts so forgive me if I'm uninformed

Somehow mounting worked! It shows usb EFIs now but when I click on it its empty?

Motherboard
MSI H110M Gaming
CPU
Graphics
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, iMac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
scot

You can find the right partition using Terminal.app as well:
  1. Open Terminal.app (/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app)
  2. Type "diskutil list" (without quotes), press enter
  3. Find the physical disk that has your Clover on it (disk2 for example - see screenshot below)
  4. Find the partition on the physical disk that is called EFI and note its identifier (disk2s1 for example)
  5. Type "sudo diskutil mount /dev/IDENTIFIER" (without quotes), replacing IDENTIFIER with your noted EFI partition identifier from step 4. (I typed "sudo diskutil mount /dev/disk2s1")
  6. Press enter and type in your current user password (must be an admin user). You will not see the password appear as you type. Press enter after typing password and it should output "Volume EFI on /dev/disk2s1 mounted"
Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-26 um 21.21.49.png

Done! EFI is now mounted at /Volumes/EFI. You can now access the /Volumes/EFI/Clover directory in Finder. (find all hard drives by pressing ⇧ ⌘ C in Finder)

Motherboard
MSI H110M Gaming
CPU
I5-6600K
Graphics
GTX 1070
You can find the right partition using Terminal.app as well:
  1. Open Terminal.app (/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app)
  2. Type "diskutil list" (without quotes), press enter
  3. Find the physical disk that has your Clover on it (disk2 for example - see screenshot below)
  4. Find the partition on the physical disk that is called EFI and note its identifier (disk2s1 for example)
  5. Type "sudo diskutil mount /dev/IDENTIFIER" (without quotes), replacing IDENTIFIER with your noted EFI partition identifier from step 4. (I typed "sudo diskutil mount /dev/disk2s1")
  6. Press enter and type in your current user password (must be an admin user). You will not see the password appear as you type. Press enter after typing password and it should output "Volume EFI on /dev/disk2s1 mounted"
View attachment 368233
Done! EFI is now mounted at /Volumes/EFI. You can now access the /Volumes/EFI/Clover directory in Finder. (find all hard drives by pressing ⇧ ⌘ C in Finder)
Good lord! I go to type in my password and the keyboard won't type anything. pressing enter works though

Motherboard
MSI H110M Gaming
CPU
Graphics
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, iMac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Good lord! I go to type in my password and the keyboard won't type anything. pressing enter works though
Please read all instructions before following them! Thank you.
Press enter and type in your current user password (must be an admin user). You will not see the password appear as you type. Press enter after typing password and it should output "Volume EFI on /dev/disk2s1 mounted"

Motherboard
MSI H110M Gaming
CPU
I5-6600K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Please read all instructions before following them! Thank you.
My bad. Thought I tried that already. Thanks for such quick replies! Now that its mounted and Ive ran Clover v2 and most kexts are in place, do I have to do anything with plist, because the one clover generated looks like an absolute mess