Register

[Success] Alienware Aurora R7 with 10.13.5 + ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
1080ti
Just follow the installation guide of how to install 10.13 and set up the BIOS.

My setup is an Aurora R7, Core i7-8700 CPU, 16GB DDR4 RAM, SATA SSD + HDD, nVidia 1080Ti 11GB video card. The system has built-in USB 3.0 AND USB 3.1, both of which are found automatically using Unibeast for setup.

Everything works fine expect the wireless, bluetooth and airdrop at the beginning. Thus I bought a EDUP wireless adapter. Now the wireless and bluetooth works fine on 10.13.5 with the driver it provided.

For video card, just using web drive and update the config.plist then it works fine.

For dual boot, I installed 10.13.5 on SSD firstly, then I installed ubuntu using my HDD disk. The only tricky thing is I can't find clover boot option after I installing ubuntu. Fortunately, I utilized the bootloader to update the default boot location to EFI/boot/BOOTX64.efi. Then the clover boot came back. Now I can switch two system using BIOS.

All-in-all, the installation is not as difficult as I expected before. I spend some time on solving dual boot OS.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    258.7 KB · Views: 470
  • 2.png
    2.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 532
Hello liruicsu,

Can you share your cover configuration please ?

I have the same configuration than you.

do you have issue related to sleep and wake? can you share your EFI? Thank you

After some tests, the installation of High Sierra 10.13.6 is a success. I share you my EFI.
My computer is an Alienware Aurora R7, i7 8700, GTX 1080.

I hope it can help !

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17 MB · Views: 268
After some tests, the installation of High Sierra 10.13.6 is a success. I share you my EFI.

I hope it can help !

Thank you

I hope it can help !

I tried this EFI, but found that there is some issue related to sleep. The computer will wake soon after sleep.

@jianghaizhi, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

I hope it can help !
I hope that this works. I tried to make my computer run osx a few months ago but couldn't find anyone with the same setup as me have a successful install. Now that you have done it I will copy your EFI and see if it works! :)

I'm about to pick up this R7 and wondering if someone could point me in the right direction to just get started?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back