Contribute
Register

[Success] Alienware Aurora R6 with 10.12.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased an Aurora R7 and I am trying to get High Sierra on the spare 512GB SSD I had from my last build.

I was able to figure out how to disable secure boot finally. I disabled VT-D in BIOS. But rest of BIOS it weird and limited on functions. I see some have got it working or partially working.

Could anyone share their BIOS settings they used?

Yeah, the Bios settings on the Alienware seems to be really limited. That's the world of vendor made computers, I guess.

How were you able to get the Nvidia drivers working?

One interesting thing was that the default ethernet driver worked, but after following the installation instructions on Multibeast and selecting the 2.2.0 Intel driver, I could not get the ethernet to work.

I was reading through all these posts again today, and wondered if you'd figured out your ethernet issue? Is everything working on yours now?

I just did another Sierra install on an R6 (10.12.6), and wanted to get the Intel 630 video working with acceleration.

Anyone know how to get the 630 working on this Aurora R6 (or if it's possible)? The BIOS has very few options, and none that adjust that video memory setting.

Last edited:
I also have a recent R7, and can't get past the black screen with the white apple logo. How did you manage to actually install the OS?

I tried my best to modify the UEFI settings as close to the installation guide as I could. But some of the options it asks you to change were not present. Perhaps they're named differently in the Alienware world.

Any guidance you can provide would be great.

Am currently stuck on the Apple logo. Could you please tell me how to get past it?

Been trying for a few nights now :(

Attached is the config.plist. I also added a bit more info to my original post.
Attached is the config.plist. I also added a bit more info to my original post.

I am constantly stuck at the Apple logo screen.

I've tried using your config.plist file in attempt to solve that but the issue still persists.

I have an Aurora R6, and the BIOS settings are quite limited. How did you get your installation to work?

Will very much appreciate any help on this.

Thank you :)

Hey man can you maybe share your EFI Folder? would be nice because I have also a Aurora R6 with i7 7700k and gtx1080

Here's my EFI on 10.13.6. I've Nvidia web drivers installed.

Working: Everything (including Intel 630 video acceleration)
Untested: Audio (I've a USB soundbar which works OOB)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    37.9 MB · Views: 365
Hello Guys,

I'm new here but just wanted to share that I successfully installed High Sierra 10.13.6 included Security update 2019 on my Dell Aurora R7, I7 8700, GTX1080. This is thanks to all the post and feedback in this forum.

HS is installed on a separate M4 SSD and dual boot working fine with Windows. I just had to struggle with the RAID ON to AHCI bios settings and Windows HDD driver...led to a clean reinstall of Windows :)

Everything working except Wifi (Killer not supported).

I'm not an expert but would be happy to help if someone is having issues with the same config !

Thanks,

I own a R5 would this be the same setup or different? I have the i7 6700 with a gt 1080 founders edition thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back