Contribute
Register

[Success] Alienware Aurora R6 with 10.12.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been trying to get my webdrivers on my r6 to enable and I've been trying everything but not go has anyone found out how?

Ive been trying to get my webdrivers on my r6 to enable and I've been trying everything but not go has anyone found out how?

Can you give some detail on what the problem is?

Well when i install the macos sierra 10.12.3 it works fine but no the webdrivers so i try to put 12.6 and it just wont boot goes str8 to panic been looking around but no awnser that i need i have a drifrent setup than your just the cpu and graphis card

Well when i install the macos sierra 10.12.3 it works fine but no the webdrivers so i try to put 12.6 and it just wont boot goes str8 to panic been looking around but no awnser that i need i have a drifrent setup than your just the cpu and graphis card

Back on my 1st post here, I wrote:

"Had a problem with GPUSensors causing a panic at boot with the nVidia 1080 so I removed the kext and now it boots fine."

Have you already removed GPUSensors kext?

Ive look but no GPU Sensors Kext

So this morning, I applied a couple of security updates to Sierra and upon reboot, get a kernel panic. I would not think security updates would be a risk, but I guess I was wrong.

Something about com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController, then it sub-lists IOPCIFamily, IOAudioFamily, IOHDAFamily, and IOGraphicsFamily.

Any idea what I need to do to fix this? Everything was working perfectly before the security updates.
file-2.jpeg

I think I also updated iTunes and Safari.

I booted off another SSD with a clone of my original config, and looked at the S/L/E folder and noticed the following kexts were modified today:

IOGraphicsFamily.kext
IONDRVSupport.kexp
IOPCIFamily.kext
System.kext
AppleBacklightExpert.kext
AudioAUUC.kext

Now, not sure what some of these have to do with security updates, but they were replaced/modified this morning.

Ideas?

Thanks for the quick reply!

Yep, I have the 1080. CPU is i7 7700k - in fact I think that the system's exactly the same as yours (in fact your post was what inspired me to try this).

Your config.plist would be much appreciated, thank you.

Did you ever get your R6 working? Mine freezes on bar where you see Apple loading halfway through every time.

What bios settings do you use?

This is more of a PSA than a review as I don't have the time to do a full write-up in the user builds section.

In short, an i7-7700K (factory water-cooled and OC Lvl2 @ 4.7Ghz) Alienware Aurora R6 was VERY EASY to setup and get everything working. I'm no Pro, and it took a few hours for me. Someone who knows what they are doing could probably do it in a hour or two.

My setup is an Aurora R6, Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU, 16GB DDR4 RAM, SATA SSD (will be trying NVMe soon), nVidia 1080 8GB video card. The system has built-in USB 3.0 AND USB 3.1, both of which are found automatically using Unibeast for setup.
Also working immediately was the built-in gigabit Ethernet, bluetooth, and the Intel 630 video (but without acceleration). Ran Multibeast but chose only basic options.

Audio turned out to work with the ALC898 codec (line out AND digital optical out). App Store and iTunes works, as does Messages. Sleep/wake even works without me having to do anything to make it work! Had a problem with GPUSensors causing a panic at boot with the nVidia 1080 so I removed the kext and now it boots fine.

All-in-all, very easy. It's like the hardware was put together to work as a hack!
Great article, were you able to get hardware acceleration working?

Update: I'm currently running High Sierra 10.13.3 without any major issues.

Use my Clover folder(see attachment) to get your system running after installation. (themes folder has been excluded to decrease size of file)

For stable Nvidia Drivers, I used this script to avoid the bad releases.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 257
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back