Contribute
Register

[Success][99% Working] Z68X-UD3H-B3, i5 2500K @ 4.5 GHz, ASUS 670 4GB, 12 GB RAM, and one self crea

Motherboard
10.11 and Windows 10
CPU
Core i5 4690k
Graphics
ASUS GTX 970 Mini 4GB
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
[Success][100% Working] Z68X-UD3H-B3, i5 2500K @ 4.5 GHz, ASUS 670 4GB, 12 GB RAM, and one self created Fusion Drive

Obligatory Parts List
*Intel i5 2500k
*Gigabyte Z68x-UD3h-B3
*12 GB Crucial Ballistic Sport Ram
*Asus 670 GTX 4GB
*CD/DVD reader/burner (some generic one, I don't remember)
*OCZ 60 GB Agility 3
*WD 640GB
*Home made native Apple Wifi Card that has airdrop (http://x86wifi.blogspot.com/2010/04/how-to-build-your-own-real-airport-card.html I used this guide).
*G5 Case Mod (link is at bottom of post)
*Dual 23" Apple Cinema Displays.

Obligatory Album of Screenshots
http://imgur.com/a/NbtEp#0

Things you will need
*USB (for installation of Mavericks)
*Access to a real mac in case anything goes wrong
*Internet
*The following files:
--The Multibeast setting attached
--The SSDT attached
--Tonymac's DSDT for this motherboard.

-----Creating the USB
1. Download Mavericks installer on your real Mac
2. Download Unibeast
3. Follow tony's guide to creating a USB drive that is bootable

-----Boot the USB and create the Fusion Drive
1. Set your bios accordingly (had mine already set because this was technically an upgrade for me, I was just starting fresh). I won't go through this here too much in detail because there are plenty of other resources. Just making sure SATA is set to AHCI and HPET is set to 64-bit. Oh, and if you are OC'ing, make sure you have a stable OC.
2. Hold f12 on boot and select USB-HDD as the bootable drive
3. Follow this tutorial when booted to create a Fusion Dive: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-guides/79406-guide-fusion-drive-using-tonymacx86-tools-chimera.htmll
NOTE: Using a fusion drive means that every time you make an update to the /Extra folder, you need to update the two hidden boot partitions too (just like you did when you first created the drive).
4. Once the fusion drive is created, you can go ahead and install Mavericks as normal.

-----Properly Booting Mavericks
1. On boot, boot into your USB Drive again so you can get to the Chimera boot screen.
2. Boot using the first partition that shows up of your fusion drive, and use the boot command UseKernelCache=Yes
3. Once booted, run multi beast using the configuration I set forth above.
4. Make sure to make your Fusion Drive bootable by following the instructions listed in the "How to create a fusion drive for hackintosh" link above.
5. Make sure to also copy the /Extra folder over to the bootable sectors of the fusion drive too, or you won't be able to get the proper kexts loaded.
6. Replace the SSDT that MultiBeast gives you with the one linked here in the bootable sectors of the Fusion drive, as well as the mounted part of it. I don't know if you need it in all three places, but best to be safe.
Note: If you fail to do this, and are OC'ed above 4.3 GHz, you will need to boot with cpus=1 to get into the installation and fix it.

-----Sorting out iCloud, App Store, etc.
Now, you will probably boot back in and have ethernet, but there is a chance you may not be able to log into these services.
1. Make sure your org.chameleon.boot.plist (located in /Extra) has the following in it:
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

2. Repair your permissions by opening up terminal and typing
diskutil repairpermissions /
3. Correct possible improper permissions on Extensions folder by typing in terminal
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions

4. Rebuild the kernel cache by typing in terminal
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
5. Reboot
6. Open System Preferences and delete all the Ethernet interfaces from the network pain.
7. Delete /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist and (optional, I didn't need to do this next one) com.apple.network.identification.plist
8. Reboot
9. Open System Preferences and add the ethernet interface back.

-----iMessage Fix
I also had iMessages not working, so I did some digging. This link helped me get it working:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

System is 100% working. I found the root cause of some earlier issues was the 460 graphics card I had. I found that even though it wasn't being used, it was still causing random freezes. In addition, I got my PS/2 keyboard working with rehabman's drivers. I had to remotely remove the trackpad kext from his kext, but it finally works!

Attachments