Contribute
Register

[Success] 8700K, Gigabyte Z370-HD3P, UHD Graphics 630, macOS High Sierra, Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone able to get all internal and external USB ports working on 10.14.4? I'm having a lot of issues.
Hi,

I suggest you to get the latest Hackintool app. Then use de USB Port Patching method in order to create a custom USB DSDT. It is quite easy and It works right. Maybe you should apply as well the XHCI ports limit patches for 10.14.4, this is somenthing that Hackintool does not mention...

Hi,

I suggest you to get the latest Hackintool app. Then use de USB Port Patching method in order to create a custom USB DSDT. It is quite easy and It works right. Maybe you should apply as well the XHCI ports limit patches for 10.14.4, this is somenthing that Hackintool does not mention...
for custom USB DSDT , is it equal to the usbinject.kext?

coz once i use the usbinject.kext, the sleep function will no longer work on this board.

for custom USB DSDT , is it equal to the usbinject.kext?

coz once i use the usbinject.kext, the sleep function will no longer work on this board.

The custom DSDT and inject all work together.

may i ask if your sleep function works?

Yep, everything works on my build as far as I've tested. I had thunderbolt issues as well until I created the custom USB DSDT. If I had TB USB enabled in bios I couldn't boot. Seems only reasonable this fixed it.

Yep, everything works on my build as far as I've tested. I had thunderbolt issues as well until I created the custom USB DSDT. If I had TB USB enabled in bios I couldn't boot. Seems only reasonable this fixed it.

May I ask which SSDT patch guide you have followed to do the work? There are a few patch guides and some contradict with each others...

May I ask which SSDT patch guide you have followed to do the work? There are a few patch guides and some contradict with each others...

Sure thing. I followed this guide. It took a little while to get it the first time around but the second pass was a breeze. Very rewarding.

A similar method for figuring out which ports are which is to use @headkaze 's Hackintool.

Life hack. Ask this guy for his custom USB patch. Same setup. In which case you'll just need all installed wherever you keep your kext and this patch installed according to the guide. There are a few changes necessary in the "Preparation for port discovery" part of the guide.

There's no real checklist for building one of these machines and lots of contradicting info. I find far less here at tonymac. Speaking of, you should check this post out.

Good luck!

Last edited:
thank you so much!
My own personal check list has these two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back