Contribute
Register

[Success] 8700K, Gigabyte Z370-HD3P, UHD Graphics 630, macOS High Sierra, Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 pin fans and CPUs water cooled

I finally find a solution, i stay with the F4 bios which is the only one that works with mac OS for me.

When i start the fans run full speed, but then i go to sleep mode, wait for the computer to sleep and when i wake it up, magically the fans run normally and silently.

Of course i don't know why but it works :)

Does this guide work in Mojave? I’m not able to get UHD 630 to run acceleration and is stuck on 5MB memory allocation, so it obviously won’t run my new 4K monitor properly. After a decent learning curve with Clover Configurator, I keep breaking my install when I try to follow some of the other guides on this board. Should I try again with your High Sierra patches, or just wait for MultiBeast 11?
Thanks in advance. I could use some advice.

Last edited:
thank you for UHD Graphics 630 config.plist settings

Has anyone tried this build/guide with an external GPU? Seems like everyone is just using the intregrated i7 GPU, but I would like to hook up a stronger graphics card (gonna be my first build). Anybody have any experience with this? Recommendations for compatibility etc? Thanks in advance!

Can someone please clarify which model number is best? I'm having trouble searching for it. Currently using 18,2 on High Sierra. All seems fine but hey if theres any more power to squeeze out then I'm intrigued.

Can someone please clarify which model number is best? I'm having trouble searching for it. Currently using 18,2 on High Sierra. All seems fine but hey if theres any more power to squeeze out then I'm intrigued.

@NorthAmTransAm,

Either iMac18,2 or iMac18,3 should be fine for your i7-8700 CPU .... These iMacs used Z270 chipset and 7th Gen CPU's .. the only real difference between them is the display size (21" or 27") ... I use MacTracker to compare PC hardware to Mac hardware to find the best match for a System Definition (SMBIOS).

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
@NorthAmTransAm,

Either iMac18,2 or iMac18,3 should be fine for your i7-8700 CPU .... These iMacs used Z270 chipset and 7th Gen CPU's .. the only real difference between them is the display size (21" or 27") ... I use MacTracker to compare PC hardware to Mac hardware to find the best match for a System Definition (SMBIOS).

Cheers
Jay

Oh sweet! Thank you then. I wonder what the next Mac Pro will use. If 370 do you think we'll see a performance improvement with it being a little more in sync or is it a negligible gain?

Oh sweet! Thank you then. I wonder what the next Mac Pro will use. If 370 do you think we'll see a performance improvement with it being a little more in sync or is it a negligible gain?

@NorthAmTransAm,

The new Mac Mini uses 8th Gen CPU's so i guess they are also using Z370 chipset ... but they only have IGPU graphics.

If i was you i'd stick with iMac 18,2 or 18,3 as they have AMD GPU + IGPU. If you have not done so already I strongly recommend that you enable the IGPU in the BIOS and use a headless PlatformID ... this way your system will use both the AMD and the IGPU which can make a significant difference to the way MacOS runs ... This is how real iMac 18,2 & 18,3 systems are configured and enables MacOS to use Intel QuickSync technology and also allows for Airplay Mirroring plus a few other hardware features baked into the IGPU.

See the Headless Platform section in this guide for how to do it :-

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/#post-1805653

There was actually not much difference between 7thGen & 8thGen CPU's other than the higher core counts.

Cheers
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back