Contribute
Register

[Success] 8700K, Gigabyte Z370-HD3P, UHD Graphics 630, macOS High Sierra, Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
for audio i did that and it worked

"For sound install VoodooHDA-2.8.8.pkg and unzip VoodooHDA.kext-2.9.0d10.zip then replace VoodooHDA.kext in /System/Library/Extensions using any kext installer" (page 1)

for USB i don't know, maybe you should verify the wiring. I had a disk that didn't mounted in the front USB, i mounted it from the rear USB and then replugged it again in front and it worked ... mysterious ...

hope that helps

Hi @manoj.admlab I noticed that the first post was edited (Last edited: Thursday at 11:10 AM) but I did not understand which side. thank you

Last edited: Thursday at 11:10 AM

@rainbowflare first post has been edited to fix UHD Graphics 630 issue on High Sierra 10.13.4, which are as below:

Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 17,1

SMBIOS > Select iMac17,1

Boot > Checkmark -disablegfxfirmware in Arguments section if MacOs is High Sierra 10.13.4 and use latest kexts (FakeSMC.kext, IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, Lilu.kext)

I've been able to do everything except the Optional Patching DSDT And SSDTs step.

When I execute iasl -da -dl -fe refs.txt *.aml I get the following error:
Pass 1 parse of [SSDT]
ACPI Error: [TUSB] Namespace lookup failure, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS (20161210/dswload-462)
ACPI Exception: AE_ALREADY_EXISTS, During name lookup/catalog (20161210/psobject-310)
Could not parse external ACPI tables, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS​

I'm pretty sure I need to do this because I have the following symptoms:
  • On boot the login screen is very dark & unresponsive to the keyboard or to mouse clicks. If I let it go to sleep and then wake it up I can log in and both displays are working.
  • After login, various sections of the screen flicker and artifacts appear/disappear.
BIOS settings:
dual displays enabled
128M pre-allocated​

Intel UHD Graphics 630:
Chipset Model: Intel UHD Graphics 630
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB
Vendor: Intel
Device ID: 0x5912
Revision ID: 0x0000
Metal: Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily1 v3
Displays:
DELL 1907FP:
Resolution: 1280 x 1024 (SXGA - Super eXtended Graphics Array)
UI Looks like: 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz
Framebuffer Depth: 30-Bit Color (ARGB2101010)
Display Serial Number: CC29971A07MA
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
Automatically Adjust Brightness: No
DELL 1907FP:
Resolution: 1280 x 1024 (SXGA - Super eXtended Graphics Array)
UI Looks like: 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz
Framebuffer Depth: 30-Bit Color (ARGB2101010)
Display Serial Number: DC3236BHB958
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
Automatically Adjust Brightness: No​

@rokuhn Try below

Code:
iasl -da -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml

Last edited:
I was able to complete the Optional Patching DSDT And SSDTs step. Unfortunately the login screen problem and the flickering problem didn't change.

Next step is to try the 4K patch to see if that helps with the flickering.

Sure is a lot that a newbie has to research before completing one of these mackintosh installs.

I also noticed that Atom and GitHub Desktop don't run properly. The icons will appear in the task bar but that's it. Github Desktop won't quit. I have to restart before it'll die.

Attached is the ELF I ended up with.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.7 MB · Views: 127
@rokuhn For System Definitions (SMBIOS) use iMac17,1 instead of iMac18,3

I think I'll start over.

Just in case it's of any help ... here's the log file.

I did notice that only one of the 9 SSDTs that I put into the PATCH directory generated a table.

The instructions showed 16 SSDTs. Maybe I didn't hold down the F4 key long enough to generate all of them.

Attachments

• bootlog.log.txt
    26.5 KB · Views: 205
I wiped the disk and re-installed. Now I have one monitor but it is well behaved. The about shows two graphics cards and one monitor.

I had that functionality when I completed the MultiBeast step. Nothing after that helped.

The ssdtPRGen.sh step complained about an unterminated search string. I just hit yes to continue. Looked like the SED string was in the message output routine so I don't think it affected functionality.

I did find two kexts that caused problems:
  • NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext - caused black bars on the display. As the name implies, not compatible with the Intel 630 display.
  • AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext - caused some compatibility issues with the Atom editor and the GitHub Desktop application.

I only use OSX when testing cross platform compatibility so I'm OK with the current functionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back