Contribute
Register

[Success] 8700K, Gigabyte Z370-HD3P, UHD Graphics 630, macOS High Sierra, Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
@rokuhn For System Definitions (SMBIOS) use iMac17,1 instead of iMac18,3

I think I'll start over.

Just in case it's of any help ... here's the log file.

I did notice that only one of the 9 SSDTs that I put into the PATCH directory generated a table.

The instructions showed 16 SSDTs. Maybe I didn't hold down the F4 key long enough to generate all of them.

Attachments

• bootlog.log.txt
    26.5 KB · Views: 204
I wiped the disk and re-installed. Now I have one monitor but it is well behaved. The about shows two graphics cards and one monitor.

I had that functionality when I completed the MultiBeast step. Nothing after that helped.

The ssdtPRGen.sh step complained about an unterminated search string. I just hit yes to continue. Looked like the SED string was in the message output routine so I don't think it affected functionality.

I did find two kexts that caused problems:
  • NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext - caused black bars on the display. As the name implies, not compatible with the Intel 630 display.
  • AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext - caused some compatibility issues with the Atom editor and the GitHub Desktop application.

I only use OSX when testing cross platform compatibility so I'm OK with the current functionality.

I have identical setup, only internal graphics and I can’t get thru to the install screen in clover. After Apple logo and loading bar starts going I have a zero sign and stops. Verbose shows AE Not found error: see pictures

Last edited:
23ED644D-CAA1-4741-95FA-572B1761E2A1.jpeg
3AD6EFCB-FD0E-428C-AEA6-FF39FF4BC924.jpeg

I dis settings exactly as in post 1 (some settings in BIOS were not addressed though..) and still get same error:

Acpi error - ae not found

Could it be Nvidia issue - in the clover args? I read some posts about that but no luck fixing it...

Hello all,

I got the same Mobo.

Issues (kinda minor): Sleep mode crashes occasionally, rebooting the system.

As of now I'm running BIOS version F3. Using BIOS versions F5 and up (latest as of now is F7) the system does not boot; that is, after selecting High Sierra in Clover boot manager the system just reboots w/o notice.

It seems some of you run newer BIOS versions - anyone any idea what may cause the observed behaviour?

@rokuhn For System Definitions (SMBIOS) use iMac17,1 instead of iMac18,3

Interesting. Would you mind explaining why this might be beneficial? Thank you!

Update: after tinkering with BIOS options I believe I found the reason behind sleep crashes. In BIOS there is an option allowing activation of the Wake-on-LAN feature which appears to be active by default. Deactivation of mentioned option seems to have solved the issue

Last edited:
Greetings, @manoj.admlab!

Got same mobo as you do, but really stucked with

SSDT Patching
  • Open SSDT-1*.dsl
  • Apply [igpu] Rename GFX0 to IGPU patch
  • Apply [syn] Remove _DSM methods
When i open that file - i can't apply those patches, "Apply" button is not active.

@4seti if you select patch and "Apply" button is not active that means no changes can be made. It's okay. You can continue next instruction.

@Loki.Mephisto Latest High Sierra update was giving issues on iMac18,3 and iMac17,1 is better suited (issues got resolved using iMac17,1).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back