Contribute
Register

[Success] 8700K, Gigabyte Z370-HD3P, UHD Graphics 630, macOS High Sierra, Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
@willi4mbe, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
Ok sorry.
Here, I've updated my information. I successfully installed OSX high sierra.
I didn't install my RAM chips properly.I moved it to slots 2 and 4.
Everything works fine except Clover configurator that crashes.

May i ask what is the point / advantage of patching the DSDT And SSDTs? is it performance gain? or stability gain? It seems i am using the new machine without issues, except safari slow down (fixed by disable graphics accelaration ) and fan issue (seems non OS related issue)

Thank you for your time....

Mostly for stability, You can ignore it if you are not facing any issues. In my case sometime screen flickering and sleep / wake up issue was happing, which stopped after DSDT and SSDTS patching.

Followed the steps, but can't get past this error, it happens after I open MaciASL for the first time and press compile. Error:
Name already exists in scope (BNUM) line 319
on that line BNUM, 8,

I searched for places where that name is used and found this

External (BNUM, UnknownObj) // (from opcode)

What I'm trying to fix is flickering. It happens at random, and can't stop until I restart.

@ariddick71 Delete the line "External (BNUM, UnknownObj) // (from opcode)" where name is used and try again

Thx, I will try after work. Will post results here.

Update: it allowed me to compile. I hope everything will go well from now on :). Thank you for your help!

Last edited:
Hi guys

We have the same motherboard Z370-HD3P and I have a question for you, if you may.

Does your computer powers on by mouse/keyboard ?

I have the (apparently commun) fans at full speed after wake up issue. Even after updating to the latest BIOS F6 (beginning of march).

I also have an issue on wake after sleep :
If I try to wake my PC with my keyboard or mouse : wakes up but display stays off.
If I try to wake my PC by pressing the power button of my case : wakes up no prob !

Even weirder, I found something else !
While my PC was off, I accidentally clicked on my mouse and the PC turned on !
It would not be a surprise for a certain BIOS config BUT, "Power On By Mouse" is.... disabled !
(its exactly the same with the keyboard)

I ended up finding another BIOS issue... And I was wondering if I'mthe only one having it ?

Now that I know this I'm wondering if my "display-off wake-up" problem is not linked with the "power on by.." feature of the HD3P motherboard...

Interesting, don't you think ?
Annoying... but interesting...

[I contacted gigabyte support for those two issues...]

Hi,
I received some answers from Gigabyte about my two issues with the HD3P Mboard.

About the "Power On By Mouse/Keyboard" feature, it can be fixed by enabling ErP in BIOS.
[It is interesting to know that I also found another issue (fixed with ErP). When I unplugged my usb stick, the PC started xD]

About the fan issue though, they forwarded my ticket to the "responsible team" and will come back to me once they reply.

I'll keep you posted ;-)

I have attached EFI.zip and refs.txt for reference.

Hi, do you think your EFI files will work also for the GA-Z370-HD3 (of course changing the audio to the ALC892)?
Thx

@cam01 don't copy EFI files, follow the steps for installation I think it will work.

Hi and thanks for the step by step guide.
I have a perfectly identical configuation:
z370 hd3p but my Bios is F6
i7-8700K
M.2 960 EVO 250GB
2x Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (8GB)

When I want Patching DSDT And SSDTs I have 2 problems:

1) After running:

cd /Users/Your account name/Desktop/origin
iasl -da -dl -fe refs.txt *.aml

I can not find any DSDT.dsl file but only DSDT.aml
In the same way for the other files I find only *.aml files.

2) The files are not named the same way as the guide and I do not know how to operate.
DSDT.aml
SSDT-0-SataTabl.aml
SSDT-1-GSWApp.aml
SSDT-2-SaSsdt.aml
SSDT-3-Ther_Rvp.aml
SSDT-4-xh_rvp10.aml
SSDT-5-CpuSsdt.aml
SSDT-6-HdaDsp.aml
SSDT-6-TbtTypeC.aml
SSDT-7-sensrhub.aml
SSDT-8-PtidDevc.aml
SSDT-9-TbtTypeC.aml
SSDT-x5_0-Cpu0Ist.aml
SSDT-x5_1-ApIst.aml
SSDT-x5_2-Cpu0Cst.aml
SSDT-x5_3-ApCst.aml
SSDT-x5_4-Cpu0Hwp.aml
SSDT-x5_5-ApHwp.aml
SSDT-x5_6-HwpLvt.aml​
I ask for help not to make mistakes.

I thank those who will help me and I attach the original folder extracted from the EFI partition.

Attachments

• origin.zip
    75.8 KB · Views: 146
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back