Contribute
Register

[Success] 8700K, Gigabyte Z370-HD3P, UHD Graphics 630, macOS High Sierra, Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
your geekbench is very low. I bet you are using a single stick of RAM rather than 2 or 4 sticks in dual channel. If you have a single 8gb stick, sell it and get 2 4gb sticks instead and your geekbench will go up to like 24000 at stock.

@nineniner Yes, I have a single 8gb stick, Thanks for suggestion.

This was a huge help! I just got my system running thanks to this guide. Only problem is with audio. After installing VoodooHDA I get horrible loud audio feedback. Also microphone doesn't work.

Did you have any trouble with audio?

Thanks!

**EDIT**: I figured out the audio feedback problem. In System Preferences - VoodooHDA, there is an Input Gain slider. I turned that down about halfway and it seems ok now. Still trying to figure out why there is no mic input though.

Last edited:
Hi, did you follow this guide for your Hackintosh?

I have the same MB and CPU

Sorry for the slow reply, yep, followed this guide and everything seems grand. I don't think I got a perfect SSDT patch sadly.

The only issue is wake from sleep issue with fans. HWMonitor works fine, but then after waking from sleep it can't see the fans to adjust the speed so they are on constantly. So not a major issue, but still one.

Tried stuff here (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-wake-from-sleep-fan-speed-issue-high-sierra.243166/) out but sadly no luck.

Hope that helps!

Sorry for the slow reply, yep, followed this guide and everything seems grand. I don't think I got a perfect SSDT patch sadly.

The only issue is wake from sleep issue with fans. HWMonitor works fine, but then after waking from sleep it can't see the fans to adjust the speed so they are on constantly. So not a major issue, but still one.

Tried stuff here (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-wake-from-sleep-fan-speed-issue-high-sierra.243166/) out but sadly no luck.

Hope that helps!

I solved by installing latest BIOS in "fast mode". Then I configured again fans speed and edited just few settings in the BIOS (disabled internal LED) and everything works fine :)

Ah interesting.

Had a little fiddle and sadly I had no luck. Thanks for the heads up though!

Thanks a lot for the tips i installed High Sierra with this guide as i have the same parts but my seconds screen is not working tried to search on the forum solution about this but couldn't find ono for the specific graphic card.
Maybe some of you can help?
My problem is while booting both screens are working fine mirrored but working and as soon apple logo comes one of them gets off.
One is connected to HDMI the other on VGA port the one that gets off is the one on the VGA port.

Any info would be much appreciated

Thanks a lot for the tips i installed High Sierra with this guide as i have the same parts but my seconds screen is not working tried to search on the forum solution about this but couldn't find ono for the specific graphic card.
Maybe some of you can help?
My problem is while booting both screens are working fine mirrored but working and as soon apple logo comes one of them gets off.
One is connected to HDMI the other on VGA port the one that gets off is the one on the VGA port.

Any info would be much appreciated

Is there any difference between HD3P and the XP-SLI from the installation point of view? The only thing I see different between them is the one has the ability to run 3 monitors.

@bhooteshwara I actually had some similar issues a while ago trying to use a VGA connection. If you can try digital connections, that might help troubleshoot.

@roadzy yeah, they seem similar. I went with the XP-SLI because I already had (and wanted to use) a GPU. It's also got the ability to add in a Thunderbolt card which I don't think the HD3P does.

But yes, installation shouldn't make much difference.

@bhooteshwara I actually had some similar issues a while ago trying to use a VGA connection. If you can try digital connections, that might help troubleshoot.

Yes using the DVI port fixed the issue but only if i plug the DVI monitor after the system has booted to desktop if they are both connected while booting it gets stuck on apple logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back