Contribute
Register

[Success] 8700k, ASUS Z370 TUF Plus Gaming, EVGA 1080 Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

For years I've been working on an old Asus P5P43TD Pro and Intel Q9650 with Gainward GTX 460 2GB.
That platform is on someones other hands and I have no access anymore to it.
Hackintosh was working very well on that.

Can anyone share the USB image to start-up the UEFI to install the Sierra or High Sierra?
I can't find it on the net - the image/config that would start up on my rig (i7 8700K, Asus Z370 TUF Pro, Intel 630 graphics on the CPU (untill MSI GTX 1060 arrives).
I've already tested severall images, but no luck so far.
Without an access to HackMac - it seems to be quite frustrating.
Any help?
I'd like to try that also!

No, sleep is not working for me either. I am planning on looking into this though.
I got it, turn off the ram overclock aka profile 1 aka XMP from bios. this will get sleep working for you.

I had to take out my 1080Ti and use my GTX780. the 1080Ti graphics cards are laggy when using the adobe suite ... any ideas?

Hi, same motherboard but with an i5 8600k with no graphics card.
with no cmd added apple shows up and then my kb light(s) go off and stay with the apple logo on screen
with cmd -v , i get the strain of ++++++++.

I'm trying to install Serria since I am unable to download High Serria due to the fact of Est. 20MB instead of the whole 4 or 7GB download from the Mac Store.

I've also replaced the .plst file with your's. No HDD installed yet but should be able to get into the installation without a HDD/SSD presented. Your .plst works bc I see the clover great/white screen.

I'm on BOIS 3.1 I haven't done this in a while and probably missed a few cmd here n there since the last upgrade I did was El Capitan and that was on a Sabertooth z87.

Bought this mb roughly a month and a half ago and now I'm getting to it since a little money came by and adding a hdd I'm replacing for the new upgrade I'm doing.

Last edited:
hi torchmedia, is it possible you can share your EFI folder?
Trying a hackintosh with similar parts, and can't get the graphics cards working...

I have a shutdown error when using main Asus TUF Z370, please share the solution.

Yeah, I'm not sure if I am supposed to say thank you in your post, but hey - THANK YOU! You spared me tons of hassle!

Introduction
I spent a lot of time on trial and error with this build due to my monitor / 4k setup, so some of my choices may be due to the boot results I wanted.

These are my system specs:
Mobo: ASUS Z370 TUF Plus Gaming
CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k
GPU: EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Black Edition
Ram: 32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 DDR4 (2x16GB)
Wireless: TP-Link Archer T9E AC1900 PCIE adapter
macOS Drive: Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB
Win10 Drive: Samsung 850 EVO M.2 500GB
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C
Monitor: Samsung 49" 4K TV connected by HDMI 2.0 cable and CLUB3D CAC-1070 DisplayPort 1.2A to HDMI 2.0 UHD 4K 60Hz Adapter
UEFI BIOS Settings
  • VT-d = Off
  • Fast Boot = On
  • Secure Boot = Disabled (you have to clear out any existing keys to disable secure boot)
  • CSM = Disabled
The one important difference here for my setup is that by disabling CSM I am able to get the full 4k resolution in Clover and the startup process.

Installing macOS High Sierra
I wanted to have an HFS drive for the time being, so I followed the installation steps to skip APFS conversion found in this post.

Post-Installation using MultiBeast
Run MultiBeast with the following checked:
  • Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
  • Drivers > Audio > ALC887/888b
  • Drivers > Misc > FakeSMCPlugins (optional)
  • Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC HWMonitor Application (optional)
  • Drivers > Network > IntelMausiEthernet v2.3.0
  • Drivers > USB > Increase Max Port Limit 200 Series
  • Bootloaders > Clover UEFI Boot Mode
  • Customize > Graphics Configuration > NVIDIA Web Drivers Boot Flag
  • Customize > Graphics Configuration > Nvidia Graphics Fixup
  • Customize > System Definitions > iMac 18,3
Post-Multibeast
  • I downloaded and installed Clover Configurator. Using CC I installed the latest version of Clover.
  • Reboot system and make sure you can boot off of your Hard Drive now
  • Download and install the latest Nvidia Web Drivers

I currently use an Android smartphone, so I have not gone through the process of getting a working Message app. That is well documented in other places though.

Working
  • Wireless adapter (works out of the box)
  • Ethernet
  • USB 3.0
  • Sound via USB ports (Have not tested audio on analog ports)
Would you recommend updating BIOS to the latest firmware on the ASUS website? Did you update BIOS?

Hi
Could you teach me how to setup the Clover?

Hi, I bought EVGA 1070TI FTW2 recently and installed and started up Mac OS High Sierra. But OS couldn´t find my GPU.
Should I check on multibeast and add these ?:

Customize > Graphics Configuration > NVIDIA Web Drivers Boot Flag
Customize > Graphics Configuration > Nvidia Graphics Fixup

In Bios, Disable CSM?

After searching, I found this information that I need to use Nvidia alternativ web driver for High Sierra for my card EVGA 1070ti ftw2 Gaming?

https://www.tonymacx86.com/nvidia-drivers/ Version 387.10.10.10.40.113 ??

Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back