Contribute
Register

[Success] 6700K+ 1080 Ti + Asus Ranger VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you about the wifi :)

I did everything you said about asus gtx strike 1080 ti but it doesn’t work. Now in about this Mac it’s showing that “5 MB Display”
Do you know how to fix that

you have 7700k

try one of the 18 smbios instead of 17,1

otherwise not really sure

are you sure you set pci or peg in bios?
also since you have z270 maybe try 18,3 instead of 17,1 config

also make sure legacy usb is disabled
xhci hand off enabled
and other bios settings are correct

also i think you dont need emuvariable cause your mobo i think has nvram

Had all that, 18,3 PEG, Handoff and all usual bios settings are all correct.

Made a clover bootable USB following tonymac guide
this board seems to need emuvariable and optifx2 and rc script on target volume (

when you have emuVariableUEFI activated, does "LastBootedVolume" work for you? Unfortunately it does not for me :/
If yes, how did you fix this?

when you have emuVariableUEFI activated, does "LastBootedVolume" work for you? Unfortunately it does not for me :/
If yes, how did you fix this?

I manually changed the name using clover confgiurator
my disk is named HighSierra so i just put tha tinstead of lastbootedvolume and now it auto boots with countdown.

but i have dual boot and would like to boot the lastbootedvolume :/

Hi @fgxr8, excellent writeup!

Question to you since I have a setup similar to yours. Are you seeing any lags with the GTX 1080? I mean the general UI.
I do have a GTX 970, but on the desktop that should not make a difference. The only main difference I can see is that I am using the 14,2 SMBIOS setting.

Thanks!

Hi @fgxr8, excellent writeup!

Question to you since I have a setup similar to yours. Are you seeing any lags with the GTX 1080? I mean the general UI.
I do have a GTX 970, but on the desktop that should not make a difference. The only main difference I can see is that I am using the 14,2 SMBIOS setting.

Thanks!
no lag for me
everything runs pretty smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back