CPU
Intel Core i5 6600k @4.8 GHz
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce 1070 (Zotac)
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After a few tries and failures I finally got High Sierra working completely on my computer, and I thought I would share the steps to do this.

These are my complete specs:
Mobo: Gigabyte Z170X Gaming-7 Revision 1.0
CPU: Intel Core i5 6600k @ 4.8 GHz.
GPU: Zotac GTX-1070 AMP! Extreme
Ram: 16GB Kingston DDR4
OS Drive: Samsung 840 EVO 128GB
SSD1: LITEON 512GB M.2 2280 SSD.
Case: Corsair 760T.
Logitech G810, G700S and G933.​

1) Download High Sierra, create a USB drive with UniBeast and copy MultiBeast over to it.

2) Download the latest BIOS version from Gigabyte's website, and use it to upgrade your BIOS version.

3) Settings for BIOS are this:
Select PCI-E Slot 1 for graphics boot and disable the Intel graphics.
VT-D: Disabled
Wake on LAN: Disabled
Show Full Screen Logo: Off (Optional)
Serial Port: Disabled
XHCI Hand-off: Enabled​

4)Install High Sierra normally on the HDD/SSD of your choosing.

5) After done, run MultiBeast and choose the following options:
Quick Start: UEFI boot mode.

Drivers:
Misc > Fake SMC
Network > AtherosE2200Ethernet v2.2.2 (Plug your Ethernet cable into the top slot)
USB > Increase Max Port Limit and 3rd Party USB 3.0​

Bootloaders: Clover UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM (Very important if you have a GeForce Pascal card)

Customize:
Graphics Configuration > NVIDIA Web Drivers Boot Flag
System Definition > iMac 18,1 (Works better then 17,1 as far as I can tell)​

Install and reboot.​

6) For audio I used VOODOO HDA 2.88. You don't have volume control with this though, it doesn't bother me as I only need volume control for my headset, and I have that by default. For my speakers I have a wireless remote I use.

7) Install NVIDIA Web-driver for High Sierra, and reboot.

After this everything works for me.

Computer boots with both screens connected, GPU works fine. I haven't set up iMessage because I simply don't care about it.

If you follow this and have the same motherboard as me, and a pascal GPU, you should have a perfectly working Hackintosh.

@premier4ever don't really see OP mentioning they have a creative sound card, any how I have a creative Omni, which is external USB based. Are you using internal or external?

I have the same motherboard, but I never get to the language pick screen, it just sits on the grey screen w/ a black mouse pointer. What am I doing wrong?

I have the same motherboard, but I never get to the language pick screen, it just sits on the grey screen w/ a black mouse pointer. What am I doing wrong?
Restore defaults on your bios and try it again. The only times i've encountered this issue is when I either haven't given it enough time or my bios settings were incorrect.

Do you inject nvidia drivers when creating the USB drive? I have same motherboard/cpu and I get stuck on install. It installs half and then I get a big circle with a cross going through it. (Ø)

BIOS is updated and all the settings are the same...

Last edited:
@premier4ever don't really see OP mentioning they have a creative sound card, any how I have a creative Omni, which is external USB based. Are you using internal or external?

Well, Mine is Gaming 7 and Device driver for the sound card is Creative as it shows on the Gigabyte website and also when installing windows.
Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 1.25.17 PM.png

I have had High Sierra Installed half an hour ago, managed to get everything to work including dual booting with windows 8.1 exempt:
* Sound (mainboard's embedded sound card).
* Thunderbolt.
* shutdown does not work.

Any help is appreciated, Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
View attachment 293470

Are you using an external vga card? what type is it, Nvidia or ATI? or the internal one?

The internal one is intel HG graphics, which you have to inject it when preparing the installer, same thing applies for ATI or Nvidia.

Mine for instance is Nvidia GTS250 which is supported by default, all I have to do is inject it and remove the nv-disabler from Glover's config file.

Last edited:
Do you inject nvidia drivers when creating the USB drive? I have same motherboard/cpu and I get stuck on install. It installs half and then I get a big circle with a cross going through it. (Ø)

BIOS is updated and all the settings are the same...

Read the reply to Viperon999, it will help.

View attachment 293470

Are you using an external vga card? what type is it, Nvidia or ATI? or the internal one?

The internal one is intel HG graphics, which you have to inject it when preparing the installer, same thing applies for ATI or Nvidia.

Mine for instance is Nvidia GTS250 which is supported by default, all I have to do is inject it and remove the nv-disabler from Glover's config file.

I have a NVIDIA CTX 980 vid card on this machine. It works fine for Sierra, but for High Sierra, I'm just getting a grey screen on the installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back