Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] 5K Resolution with AMD RX580, Dell UP2715K and Sierra 10.12.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
@XQC

In attach you will find your GPU's decoders, just in case you want to follow my guide. BTW do you have any other monitor beside the DELL 5K?

Hello, I've got the same card a Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8Gb, but i can not decode my rom, the redsock_bios_decoder sh script output says:
uhhh, u sure that is an AtomBIOS?
I put here my rom file, can you help me to decode it? or Can I use the XQC one?
More Info:
OS X Versión: 10.13.6
Put IORegistry and Clver zipped.
One thing more, in the DPCIManager in my graphics appears 6 ports but only have 5, put here the image too.
Thanks.

Attachments

• 1002_67df_e3661da2.rom.zip
    170 bytes · Views: 72
  • Captura de pantalla 2018-11-02 a las 10.13.06.png
    Captura de pantalla 2018-11-02 a las 10.13.06.png
    93.8 KB · Views: 144
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 67
  • IORegistry_02_11_2018.zip
    1,008.1 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Good for you !
...but how ????

I installed Mojave, with no additional kext. RX 580 + Mojave are working natively in 5K.

I was frist trying with Lilu.kext and whatevergreen.kext as usual, but without success.

I installed Mojave, with no additional kext. RX 580 + Mojave are working natively in 5K.

I was frist trying with Lilu.kext and whatevergreen.kext as usual, but without success.
Are you on 10.14 or 10.14.1 ?
In Finder, do .JPG's display correctly in preview ?

I didn't test that. I'll check this evening.
Hi,Can you give me your EFI all for example?I have that 5K Displayer,but i always have two zone in the Displayer.
if i use whatevergreen,then it have two zone;
if i do not use whatevergreen,it is black;
I'm on 10.14.1.
thank you!

Hi,Can you give me your EFI all for example?I have that 5K Displayer,but i always have two zone in the Displayer.
if i use whatevergreen,then it have two zone;
if i do not use whatevergreen,it is black;
I'm on 10.14.1.
thank you!

Install Lilu.kext + WhateverGreen.kext

Add agdpmod=pikera to your boot arguments (also labelled as Custom Flags in Clover Configurator)

After looking at several other guides, the pikera flag was the missing piece for me. I'm using iMac17,1 SMBIOS by the way.

Install Lilu.kext + WhateverGreen.kext

Add agdpmod=pikera to your boot arguments (also labelled as Custom Flags in Clover Configurator)

After looking at several other guides, the pikera flag was the missing piece for me. I'm using iMac17,1 SMBIOS by the way.
On my nvidia dual stream for the Dell UP2715K i use ngfxpatch=pikera and it works like a charme. It recognize the Monitor as 1 monitor 27" 5K. Looking up the wiki, is exactly the same patch, so yeah you're good to go.

Just to be sure, you have the two Kexts (lilu+whatevergreen), this boot arg, and the 5K works without any other kind of modification? Let me know, could be the time I make the AMD/Mojave switch

On my nvidia dual stream for the Dell UP2715K i use ngfxpatch=pikera and it works like a charme. It recognize the Monitor as 1 monitor 27" 5K. Looking up the wiki, is exactly the same patch, so yeah you're good to go.

From what I've read, ngfxpatch=pikera is deprecated and will eventually be disabled/removed since it was originally an NvidiaGraphicsFixup specific flag. That flag will still work in WhateverGreen for now, but it's been replaced with agdpmod=pikera so the old flag will eventually stop working in future releases once it's been removed completely.

Just to be sure, you have the two Kexts (lilu+whatevergreen), this boot arg, and the 5K works without any other kind of modification? Let me know, could be the time I make the AMD/Mojave switch

Pretty much.

I have an Asus ROG Strix RX 580 Gaming 8GB card which worked OOB without any modifications. With iMac17,1 SMBIOS, I only needed the agdpmod=pikera flag for my Dell UP2715K to work consistently well.

The only graphics-related patching I did was to enable my Intel 530 integrated GPU for hardware acceleration in various applications that make use of Intel Quick Sync. Easy enough to do with the Intel Framebuffer patching thread on here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back