CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
GTX 960, RX580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Audio works well enough, it has some static and distortion in the low frequency range (bass).
I have yet to figure out how to fix it. It's fine for low volume and for general use.
It was not fine enough for me, even for general use, so I spent a little time on it. I have now everything working, but to be honest I can't explain how it works... What I did:

- Removed Voodoo
- Removed NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
- Updated Lilu.kext and Whatevergreen.kext in /Library/Extensions/ with the latest version, restarded.

At this step, audio started working perfectly :eek:, but I lost 5k resolution (showing as 2 displays). Tried to fix it with various flags and configs without success.

So I finally added back NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext. This made my build rebooting endless...

Finally removed Whatevergreen.kext, and now to my surprise audio is still working perfectly and I have 5k resolution!

I thought that Whatevergreen.kext was replacing NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext. But in my case I could not get 5K resolution working.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H170N-WIFI
CPU
Core i5-6600K
Graphics
Motherboard
First, thanks for the awesome guide. I am up and running thanks to your hard work.

Second, just as an FYI on the Format Drive Step in Disk Util before installing High Sierra, I had to select "Show All Devices" in the top left of the Disk Util window drop down. I could not get the option to set the boot record as GUID and then I realized it was only showing me the partition of my drive, rather than the overall drive itself.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H170N-Wifi
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
GTX 960, RX580
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thank you for your comment and the information regarding the format drive step.

I'll probably write an updated guide as soon I've installed Mojave :).

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H170N-Wifi
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
GTX 960, RX580
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
why mac pro 5,1 and not imac ? just curious ..
Mac Pro 5.1 was the only config working with my board + GPU when I started with this build.

Now with 10.13.6 I use iMac 17.1 without any issue.

Motherboard
Gigabyte H170n wifi
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
iOS
Mac Pro 5.1 was the only config working with my board + GPU when I started with this build.

Now with 10.13.6 I use iMac 17.1 without any issue.
Could you please help!
I am using Hackintosh with mac pro 5,1 definition and running mac os 10.13(17A365).
I have issue with some software and I think it cause by mac pro 5,1 definition.
Could you give me a clue how to change my hackintosh definition to 17,1 because I have failed so many times; it has a black screen after I change the definition which I guess it was a gpu boot problem.

my spec is very close to yours:
-ga-h170n-wifi
-i5 6500
-GTX 970

thx in advance!

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H170N-WIFI
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Mac Pro 5.1 definition doesn’t work with the latest High Sierra security update 2018.3.
It crashes during install. Changing it to iMac 14.2 (or above) worked. Took me a while to figure it out.
You can use the Clover Configurator to change the definition.

I also changed my video card form Nvidia GTX970 to AMD RX580. It definitely feels a lot smoother and I don’t have to worry about web driver now. Highly recommended.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H170N-Wifi
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
GTX 960, RX580
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I also changed my video card form Nvidia GTX970 to AMD RX580. It definitely feels a lot smoother and I don’t have to worry about web driver now. Highly recommended.
I've also changed my GPU with a Radeon RX 580. Now running Mojave 10.14.2 with Mac Pro 6.1 system definition. Very easy to setup...