Contribute
Register

[Success] 5k High Sierra | GA-H170N-WIFI | GTX-960 | Dell UP2715K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a message to let you know that your post made me confident to upgrade to High Sierra on my Classic Mac Pro with my Dell 5K. It works and since today I'm even on macOS 10.13.3 (17D47).

Thanks!

Thank you for your message, I am glad I could help with my post!

I didn't upgraded to 10.13.2 yet.

Thank you for your message, I am glad I could help with my post!

I didn't upgraded to 10.13.2 yet.
for the Setup Nvidia web driver i need to setup something on clover?

for the Setup Nvidia web driver i need to setup something on clover?

If you use the Dell 5K monitor (with 2 displayport cables), then you have to set nv_spanmodepolicy=1. Without that setting you will see two screen on the monitor.

If you use the Dell 5K monitor (with 2 displayport cables), then you have to set nv_spanmodepolicy=1. Without that setting you will see two screen on the monitor.
im going to use only one monitor bro,i need to install high sierra but i see the is a New Method for Enabling NVIDIA Web Drivers in Clover,so im just asking you if you did something in the clover to enabling Nvidia drivers.

im going to use only one monitor bro,i need to install high sierra but i see the is a New Method for Enabling NVIDIA Web Drivers in Clover,so im just asking you if you did something in the clover to enabling Nvidia drivers.

No, I didn't.

Dude I found a really neat solution for 5K with this monitor (both regarding the mouse bug and the power cycle).

I use Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext, with the boot arg "ngfxpatch=pikera" the 5K works natively without any hassle.
For iTunes DRM you should use Shiki.kext

I am gonna publish the guide for my hackintosh in a week or so for a vanilla install with 5K fully working, including wake from sleep ecc.

Dude I found a really neat solution for 5K with this monitor (both regarding the mouse bug and the power cycle).

I use Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext, with the boot arg "ngfxpatch=pikera" the 5K works natively without any hassle.

I am gonna publish the guide for my hackintosh in a week or so for a vanilla install with 5K fully working, including wake from sleep ecc.

Thank you for your post! That is very interesting. I'll install 10.13.3 soon and I will test your suggestions. Let me know when you've published your guide.

I'm in the process of installing. So far so good but I had to find a USB stick that would be recognized during the install.
I kept getting stuck HID legacy shim 2. I think it's waiting for USB drive message.

Update: getting error Service exited with abnormal code:1

Stuck on Apple logo boot after install with a circular dial (cog) in the middle.

Update now stuck on panic (cpu 2 caller....... ) after installing kext and rebooting.

Last edited:

Ok, I finally did a fresh setup with 10.13.3 on my build, adding your suggestions. I first had some trouble as discussed in another thread, but finally got it working:

- No more monitor power cycle at startup (yes!!!)
- Computer sleep is working
- Mouse issue is much better
- Movies rented/purchased on iTunes are working

Basically what I did different according to your suggestions:
- Added Shiki.kext (for DMR)
- Added Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext with the boot arg "ngfxpatch=pikera"
- Removed nv_spanmodempolicy=1 (Important!)
- No more need of audio_cloverHDMI-130.command

I'am also now using "Sound Control" (https://staticz.com/soundcontrol/) to control the volume of my monitor with keyboard.

Thank you a lot @nunziantimo for your input!

Ok, I finally did a fresh setup with 10.13.3 on my build, adding your suggestions. I first had some trouble as discussed in another thread, but finally got it working:

- No more monitor power cycle at startup (yes!!!)
- Computer sleep is working
- Mouse issue is much better
- Movies rented/purchased on iTunes are working

Basically what I did different according to your suggestions:
- Added Shiki.kext (for DMR)
- Added Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext with the boot arg "ngfxpatch=pikera"
- Removed nv_spanmodempolicy=1 (Important!)
- No more need of audio_cloverHDMI-130.command

I'am also now using "Sound Control" (https://staticz.com/soundcontrol/) to control the volume of my monitor with keyboard.

Thank you a lot @nunziantimo for your input!

Glad I helped you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back