Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] 5ghz i7-8700k - Gigabyte Z370XP SLI - GTX 1070 BLACK EDITION - High Sierra - Thunderbolt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey. Mine Config Shows something else. mine doesnt has "AppleUSBXHCI" .
It only has com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
So I have to add manually AppleUSBXHCI and voila it worked after restart!

Hey folks! I'm following this guide, but I'm not configuring things properly it seems, as I can't even boot into Clover correctly. I have the installer with MultiBeast 8.3.2 plugged into the front panel USB2 ports, and the BIOS recognizes both partitions on the installer when I hit F12 for the boot menu. But I can't load anything from that point. I think there has to be something in BIOS I've set interfering with this.

Weirdly enough, the bootloader on my old SSD SATA drive still works and goes to the graphic bootloader page. But it doesn't see the USB stick as a valid system to boot from. Also in comparison to the poster, I did not install Windows beforehand, just started with macOS.

Any help appreciated!

i have the same motherboard and bought the Thunderbolt card. I installed drivers on Windows. But, now, when I try to boot into high sierra, I get the circle with a slash through it sign after the Apple logo screen. If I remove the Thunderbolt card, it will boot fine, but otherwise it wont boot. Any suggestions?

i have the same motherboard and bought the Thunderbolt card. I installed drivers on Windows. But, now, when I try to boot into high sierra, I get the circle with a slash through it sign after the Apple logo screen. If I remove the Thunderbolt card, it will boot fine, but otherwise it wont boot. Any suggestions?
I'm so sorry. This was a computer I built for my work. I am no longer in that job and don't have access to it anymore so I can't check config files, etc. Check to make sure that the TB settings in the BIOS are set to "Legacy", not "Secure" or something else. Also if you have success, be aware that the Thunderbolt function will not appear in "About This Mac", even though it may be fully functional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back