Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] 5ghz i7-8700k - Gigabyte Z370XP SLI - GTX 1070 BLACK EDITION - High Sierra - Thunderbolt

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you were installing macOS through Clover, did you have your 1070 installed?

B
Then select File> Open from the menu bar and open "config.plist" file on EFI/EFI/CLOVER/
Once you have edited what you need go to File> Save and try to boot.
You should also be sure that you have installed all kexts you need, especially FakeSMC. You also need to install USBInjectAll.kext and the kext to fix USB Injection on 100/200/300 series motherboard because macOS only support up to 25 USB ports while the Z370XP SLI has more than 25 USB ports. Then you must choose which USB ports you want to use, generate an SSDT for the USB and then remove the latest 2 kexts related to the USB mentioned above.

I had finished install.it working .
but have little problem with audio.i had follow this thread.
but it still not working,
do you have any advise for me?

I had finished install.it working .
but have little problem with audio.i had follow this thread.
but it still not working,
do you have any advise for me?

I activated onboard audio only for a period because I don't need it and microphone input doesn't work well with macOS on this board.

If I'm not wrong it works by following these steps:
- Copy last version of AppleALC.kext from release folder (https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/releases) to /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
- Edit your "config.plist" on /EFI/EFI/CLOVER with "Clover Configurator.app" and add the following entries:
  • Acpi: be sure that HDAS to HDEF patch is present; if not select "change HDAS to HDEF" from the drop down menu
  • Devices> Audio: write "1" in "Inject"
  • Devices> Audio: enable "ResetHDA"
It should "survive" to macOS updates.

I also tried RealtekALC (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/applehda-realtek-audio-guide.234732/#post-1606764) but it didn't work for me.

Hi guy's,
I'm from Brazil, first sorry for my English.
I'm a newbie. It's the first time that I make a hackintosh. And because this post, I make it work on my Z370XP-SLI with 8700K and ASUS GTX 1050 Ti. But, I have two problems. USB 3.0 Pen drives are not working and sound card as well.
Can u guys help me?

10.13.4-Hackintosh-USB-Patch-config.plist-Clover-Configurator-1.png
Hi guy's,
I'm from Brazil, first sorry for my English.
I'm a newbie. It's the first time that I make a hackintosh. And because this post, I make it work on my Z370XP-SLI with 8700K and ASUS GTX 1050 Ti. But, I have two problems. USB 3.0 Pen drives are not working and sound card as well.
Can u guys help me?
This simple solution worked for me.

High Sierra 10.13.4 requires a new USB patch to get all USB/USB3 ports recognized and working.

1. Mount EFI Partition with Clover Configurator
  2. Navigate to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/
  3. Right-click open config.plist with Clover Configurator
  4. Click Kernel and Kext Patches under SECTIONS of Clover Configurator
  5. Click the “+” button near the bottom to add this patch:
    • Name*: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
    • Find* [HEX]: 837d940f 0f839704 0000
    • Replace* [HEX]: 837d940f 90909090 9090
    • Comment: USB 10.13.4+ by PMHeart
    • MatchOS: 10.13.x
  6. Save config.plist

Last edited:
I have the same board, but I'm having problems booting MacOS install (10.13.1). Could some please upload config.plist for this board? I did the boot disk in Windows, using BDUtility. My previous MacOS install (10.13.4) got corrupted and I couldn't recover it. My previous CLOVER config does not boot the install disk. My previous install came from another motherboard and it worked well until the filesystem got corrupted. Thanks in advance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I figured out what was wrong. The problem was MacOS Installer did not find the boot partition. I put the pendrive in the red usb port and it dit the job. Now I have two problems, sound does not work and my SATA hard-disks does not appear in MacOS which I updated to 10.13.5 as soon I finished installing it.
Fortunately MacOS did not have trouble identifying my two NVMe disks. After updating the MacOS partition (previously HFS+) was converted to APFS automatically.

Now I'll try to fix SATA and sound.

Last edited:
Hi.. I have got almost similar build. But I the usb can only read 2.0 not USb 3.0 drives. Can u share your multibeast settings used while installation?
That could be of great help!

I have the same board, but I'm having problems booting MacOS install (10.13.1). Could some please upload config.plist for this board? I did the boot disk in Windows, using BDUtility. My previous MacOS install (10.13.4) got corrupted and I couldn't recover it. My previous CLOVER config does not boot the install disk. My previous install came from another motherboard and it worked well until the filesystem got corrupted. Thanks in advance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I figured out what was wrong. The problem was MacOS Installer did not find the boot partition. I put the pendrive in the red usb port and it dit the job. Now I have two problems, sound does not work and my SATA hard-disks does not appear in MacOS which I updated to 10.13.5 as soon I finished installing it.
Fortunately MacOS did not have trouble identifying my two NVMe disks. After updating the MacOS partition (previously HFS+) was converted to APFS automatically.

Now I'll try to fix SATA and sound.

For Sound it's a two step procedure.

First Install:
Drivers > Audio > 100/200/300 Series Audio support &
Drivers > Audio > 200/Z370 Series Audio Device ID
Build > Install
Restart

And then Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALC8xx > ALC1220
Build > Install
Restart.

The audio should work now.
Also if u have installed any audio code prior to this.. use "Reset Audio"

And follow the above procedure. It worked like a charm if you follow this procedure.

View attachment 330498
This simple solution worked for me.

High Sierra 10.13.4 requires a new USB patch to get all USB/USB3 ports recognized and working.

1. Mount EFI Partition with Clover Configurator
  2. Navigate to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/
  3. Right-click open config.plist with Clover Configurator
  4. Click Kernel and Kext Patches under SECTIONS of Clover Configurator
  5. Click the “+” button near the bottom to add this patch:
    • Name*: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
    • Find* [HEX]: 837d940f 0f839704 0000
    • Replace* [HEX]: 837d940f 90909090 9090
    • Comment: USB 10.13.4+ by PMHeart
    • MatchOS: 10.13.x
  6. Save config.plist

Hey. Mine Config Shows something else. mine doesnt has "AppleUSBXHCI" .
It only has com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back