Contribute
Register

[Success][11.4][OC 0.7.0] MSI GF65 9SEXR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, @jamesst20 , I`m using your EFI, worked like a charm, thank you very much !!

But, as not everything is a heavean (haha), my screen wont back after display sleep (screen sleep) ..

eg: After X minutes, my screen turns off (as planed in energy managment) but wont back to normal after moving mouse/pressing space... just a "light black" (that simulated backlight black)

Did this happen with you?

(using MSI GF65 THIN | Big Sur 11.6.5)

Last edited:
UPDATED my last question:

[ SUCCESS ] It was my dGPU (RTX 2060) was not fully disabled (in my case). I just did add "-wegnoegpu" boot-arg and VOI-LA! Full brightness control (with slider control) and DISPLAY SLEEPING and WAKING very nice.

Nice work @jamesst20!

Thanks @jamesst20 for sharing, its help me so much, but i'm having problems in the post-install, I can't make it work without USB Bootloader, it's seems like my BIOS doesn't recognize the EFI when I put it in the EFI partition of the disk that got BigSur installed. Does aynone the same issue?. Maybe i'm doing something wrong in the BIOS config, I also put my BIOS in advanced mode but I dont find anything that can hepl me. Thanks a lot.

SUCCESS! Just read the user "jpz" answer:

I don't see why not. USB Patch might have to be redone though
Hi! Did you tryed to install Monterey at the laptop? I took your EFI, and it works for my msi gl65 9SD, Big Sur is working. But when i try to install monterey, disk utility does not show my ssd drive.

UPD: i had success with monterey, if you need there is EFI folder :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back