Contribute
Register

[Success] 11.0 Big Sur Public Beta Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at this may help you out:

Hi. I have tried several times with OpenCore to solve the HD 620 graphic acceleration problem with Hakintool, testing the different patches but it always indicated HD 620 4Mb. What I need to solve are the graphics, trakpad and screen brightness, to be able to use OpenCore well in Big Sur Beta. At the moment I have returned to Catalina 10.15.6 using Clover, and everything works 100%. I hope Big Sur uses Clover. Because OpenCore made my head ache, jaja. :banghead:

Updated Big Sur PB2 directly via software update flawlessly with OpenCore 0.6.1. Everything works great more stable and smooth.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 109
@revans Did you make clean install or upgrade from 10.15? I just reading Dortania instructions and there is mention, that I need to do fresh install...

@revans Did you make clean install or upgrade from 10.15? I just reading Dortania instructions and there is mention, that I need to do fresh install...
Works to both in my case, first I tried upgraded Catalina 10.15.6 installed (SSD NVME) from USB BIg Sur installer to avoid losing data and apps. Second, I did fresh install to (SSD SATA) from USB BIg Sur installer too.
at the end I decided to used SSD NVME for Big Sur, and SSD SATa for Windows.
for both installation method, I had to disable wifi & bluetooth (DW1820A) in BIOS to running installation process smoothly, I did same works when I upgraded directly via software update from PB1 to PB2.

Works to both in my case, first I tried upgraded Catalina 10.15.6 installed (SSD NVME) from USB BIg Sur installer to avoid losing data and apps. Second, I did fresh install to (SSD SATA) from USB BIg Sur installer too.
for both installation method, I had to disable wifi & bluetooth (DW1820A) in BIOS to running installation process smoothly, I did same works when I upgraded directly via software update from PB1 to PB2.
Ok, I want İnstall big sur public beta with opencore. But, I did not, tried your EFI, tried my Opencore EFI. I am sory.

Thank you. I already did upgrade with prepared installation USB. I prepare my OpenCore config and everything works like a charm.
Now I have only problem with rtc-blacklist, but it's not related to this.

Hey Guys,
I recently got a HP Elitebook 840 G7, as I managed to get a DELL Optiplex 3060 MFF to work I wondered if I could get this to work too, currently the only things that are not working are the Keyboard, the Trackpad, Audio and Bluetooth/WIFI
As I am using the same card as @revans I wanted to ask what you exactly did to get it to work, I only saw the DeviceProperties entry but wasn't sure if it was the right entry point and nothing else that seemed "unusual" can you point me in the right direction?

I'm using the same card in my Optiplex and wasn't able to get WIFI running, Bluetooth on the other hand is working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back