Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] 10.8.3, MultiBeast 5.3.1 on P8P67 Pro rev 3.0, i5 2500k, Samsung 830 SSD, 670GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Win 8, Mountain Lion
CPU
i5-2500k @ 4.3
Graphics
EVGA 670 Sig 2
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
System seems stable without a DSDT, no kernel panics for a while. Took a couple of days, but everything apart from the sound is working.

I used the "P8P67 Pro Installer.pkg" which made my bluetooth and presumably SATAIII working (haven't checked for sure) but not the sound. I then tried using ALC892 / 889 from multi boot, but to no avail.

I probably now have a messed up /Extensions directory full of random Sound .kexts. If someone could tell me what kexts I need to get sound up on my motherboard, that would be great!

Had to patch the latest motherboard BIOS to fix the kernel panic on start up and to enable hack-free power management.

Took me a while to understand that the DSDT from the library does not work for my motherboard for some reason, which was causing the system to hang just after "cryptcore" line. Booting with DSDT=null fixed that, but sounds like it is just me with this problem.

Let me know if someone with similar spec needs some help etc. or better if you can help me fix the sound problem.

How are ya Mate, I ham using a similar set up, minus the Graphics Card. I having serious issues getting Mountain lion to load from a boot loader. I have tried the package. It kernal panics me like crazy. I am using the same motherboard with an I7, kingston SSD.
How did you get this to work? I am using an AMD HD 8670 1 gb VGA. I have gotten around the Card issues, just won't load after installing any boot loader without kp'ing like crazy. I can get everything minus sound working as well, until I run multibeast.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mate.

Hi mate,

Update: I have fixed the sound, basically just using a Voodoo ketx from Multibeast. You then need to change iGain value in plist (search the forum for tutorial) to kill the noise you will get. Then it works absoultely fine.

The kernel panics, a little hard to say for sure. I think I made a good move to reduce a possibility of kernel panic by making my own bios! There's a tool that you use, which takes your mobo bios and does stuff to it, then spits out the new bios that you then flash with your mobo bias flashing utility. Don't know what it does, but it makes your system more stable. I would again recommend you searching for "make your own bios" or something like that to find the tools and links. The process takes minutes, and you only have to press a couple of buttons - sorry mate, don't remember the links off the top of my head.

Good practice - turn off any turbo boost or over clock and check that you are using a kext fix for Intel power management (but when you go and make your own bios, you don't have to worry about this).

Let me know how you get on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back