Graphics
VEGA 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
strix-z270G.png

In short: Here is the EFI folder (Download below) you can put on your USB installer or in your Hackintosh, enjoy!
  • To Create USB installer, I used DISK MAKER X, you can also use UNIBEAST.
  • To Mount EFI Folder, I used Clover Configurator, you can also use EFI MOUNTER.
  • Once you Mounted the EFI Partition, replace with the EFI Folder you downloaded here, and you should be good to go.

In Long:
I have made a How-To guide some time ago on the ASUS ROG STRIX z270g with OSX 10.12.5 Sierra even though it is now outdated, you can get the BIOS settings from there.
I haven't Updated because I bought a Mac mini, that was terrible, then switched to the MacBook Pro.. but recently the MacBook started Dying on me too, battery at 1% even though its BRAND NEW, keeps crashing and I have to re-install the OS every time.
So I spent another couple days trying what works to get the 10.15.3 CATALINA to install on my old trusty "SUPERTRON Hackintosh"

So I am sharing what worked for me:
Here is what the EFI Folder looks like (in orange are the modified or added files)

EFI.png

KEXT NAME VERSION IN EFI
Whatever Green 1.3.8
Virtual SMC 1.1.2
USB Inject ALL 0.7.5 - (2018-1108)
Lilu 1.4.3
Intel Mausi Ethernet 2.4.1d1 - (v2-2018-1031)
Fake PCIID 1.3.9 - (2018-1027)
Apple ALC 1.4.8
Apple HDA (patcher tutorial) 1.9

By clicking the links above you can check if any updates have been released since the upload of my EFI.

* Big thanks to @ronwood for sharing a part of the solution and to @P1LGRIM for providing it.

My Specs:
ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming - Motherboard [Specifications]
--- Intel HD630 - Full accelerated graphics
--- Bluetooth 4.0 - SO SO Working!
--- Audio - Working
--- USB 3.0 - Working
--- USB-C Thunderbolt - Working
--- WiFi on board - NOT Working!
--- Ethernet - Working
Intel i7 7700K KabyLake - CPU
Crucial P1 1TB NVMe - m.2 SSD
Intel SSD6 1TB NVMe - m.2 SSD
HyperX 16GB 2400MHZ - RAM
NZXT Kraken x61 - Water Cooling
EVGA SuperNova 1000G - PSU
Phantex Evol Entoo mATX - Case
WiFi - USB Dongle
Bluetooth 4.0 - USB Dongle

p.s. This is not a perfect Install.
* Sleep /Wake does not work without external Graphics Card
* Audio does not Amplify after sleep.

* Microphone can be too quiet
* iMessenger, FaceTime, HandOff etc. not tested.
Please feel free to critique, point out errors and add fixes and suggestions.

Attachments

• EFI10.15.3v4.zip
    16.7 MB · Views: 830
Last edited:
Nice, I have the same setup including a RX590. I was hoping to just copy and past the EFI, but I´m always getting the stop sign during the initial boot.
I´ve created the USB with the createinstaller tool on my mac, and copied the efi folder.

What bios version are you using? Maybe the lastest version does not work?

I´ve just updated to your last EFI and it starts now. I had something strange on the clover that suddenly started to work.

I had some issues with sleep although I have the RX590 running. I´ll check if that is resolved now.

Screenshot 2020-02-27 at 10.29.54.png

Nice!
Glad the EFI is working for you, I changed a few things here and there, tweaked the settings a bit.

I had some issues with sleep although I have the RX590 running. I´ll check if that is resolved now.

For me it The sleep works but annoyingly the Audio disappears after sleep... I've seen an article on how to solve that, but haven't had the time to investigate.

Actually Audio is still my biggest problem so far, even after patching the Microphone port works only with one of my 5 microphones which I have lying around...

Hi@thealika.

I have been following your Hackintosh builds and CanArt youtube channel for a while now. I really appreciate the work that you do for us fellow Hackintoshers. Your High Sierra tutorial is one that got my machine working in the past with my Asus Z270G Board!

I'm currently trying to do a fresh install, with my new AMD Radeon Sapphire 5700 XT Graphics card and with MacOS Catalina 10.15. I tried using your EFI but I keep getting an Error sign during boot, where the installs halt on the black screen with Apply Logo... before resulting ultimately in an Error message.

My current build is:
  • ASUS Z270G Motherboard (Same as yours)
  • AMD Radeon Sapphire 5700 XT GPU
  • CPU i7 7700K
Any idea why this might be happening?

I can't seem to get it to work. Exact setup except I'm running only on HD630 and with the 10.5.4 installer. I'm at the stop sign constantly and getting 'power supply unavailable' errors. Plugged everything out, tried with 18.3, 11.1 and 14.2... none seem to work. Any ideas? Is the SSDT-EC.aml for 10.15.4 a problem?

Edit: fixed. *Sigh* unibeat, packages see above, 18.3, ssdt-ec and setup worked.Install failed (at 1minute left), restarted finished the official installation (failed at the end again), restarted and now everything works (had to delete dangling installations from clover). HD630 is slow though... real slow...

Last edited:
Hi thealika..

Thanks for the Catalina Clover EFI files. I have tested it on 10.15.7 with the latest supplementary updates. All is working well
Are you going to do a Big Sur 11.0.1 EFi using Open COre 0.6.3?
I can get it going but getting the 7mb uhd630 issue and currently looking for a fix online?

Regards

bd4utonite2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back