Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] 10.12.6 Asus Z270 Prime A + i7 7000 + GTX1070 + Samsung 960 EVO NVMe + Thunderbolt EX3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same mobo but I am using a 1050 ti graphics card and I cannot get it working correctly. I followed your instructions to a T and still nothing. The hack has sierra on it and is running but the nvidia web drivers are never selected and the graphics are real glitchy.

I have the same mobo but I am using a 1050 ti graphics card and I cannot get it working correctly. I followed your instructions to a T and still nothing. The hack has sierra on it and is running but the nvidia web drivers are never selected and the graphics are real glitchy.

Sorry to hear that, but you have to make sure that the correct versions of Lilu.kext and Nvidiagraphicsfixup.kext are installed in /S/L/E - latest versions if possible, and that your SMBIOS and SSUID and System ID settings are included (these are a MUST), with SIPS disabled. Also, there is a different version of the Nvidia GEForce combo drivers depending on the version of Sierra that you are running. If you still have problems you may have to remove IntelGraphicFixup.kext from the setup (preferably from the /EFI folder).

I created this thread to know your opinion on my build plan. Could you take a look and let me know what you think?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/planning-my-first-build.246352/
Thank you!

I had a look at your post, you have selected a very good system with the Asus Prime Z270, it should work okay provided you know what you're doing (as Hackintoshes are complex creatures). With the Gigabyte mobos, whilst I used to use them a fair bit for my Hackintoshes, but the reliability issues they have nowadays coming direct from the production are of a major concern. My systems dealer told me that out of 10 systems he sold with Gigabyte boards, about half would fail. This was why I went with the Asus Prime mobo instead. Aside from solid reliability and great performance, it is the only one giving me proper Thunderbolt functionality (minus the TB signal recognition after booting compared with a standard Mac setup).

Hello @Middleman,my second hackintosh is based on the same motherboard as yours.Do you have any PCI devices showing on About this Mac->System Report? and something else are your sata devices recognised as Generic AHCI or Intel 200 series?
Thanks for your reply!

P.S.: SMBIOS 18,3/High Sierra 10.13.2 SU

Last edited:
Hello @Middleman,my second hackintosh is based on the same motherboard as yours.Do you have any PCI devices showing on About this Mac->System Report? and something else are your sata devices recognised as Generic AHCI or Intel 200 series?
Thanks for your reply!

P.S.: SMBIOS 18,3/High Sierra 10.13.2 SU

For the PCI devices, only a PCI XHCI Express card running at 2.5GT/s. And for the SATA they are recognised as Generic AHCI and the Samsung NVMe is recognised as Apple SSD Controller under NVMeExpress. The Samsung NVMe is running at 8GT/s.

I'm very interested in this build but I see that the Prime Z270-A is listed as end of life. Does anyone know what its replacement is please?
It is the Z370 Prime A, which has recently been updated to also use the Intel Core i9 CPUs.

I'm planning to do a build with these components. I was wondering if this build can work using Intel's integrated graphic card or with a less expensive graphic card?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back