Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] 10.12.4; ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming, i5-6500, 970GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I now switched to using only VoodooHDA 2.8.9 and put the kext into the Clover/kexts/other folder. Everything works!
Hi Kristof, did you have to "clean" the other audio patches? How did you do it? Or did you just ignore them and copied the VoodooHDA to the Clover kext other folder?- here nothing else to be done?
Thx

Hi Kristof, did you have to "clean" the other audio patches? How did you do it? Or did you just ignore them and copied the VoodooHDA to the Clover kext other folder?- here nothing else to be done?
Thx
voodoo HDA giving lot of distortion in my pc. I decided to go with applehda patch works fine until sleep. After wake its giving me distortions. Im trying to fix, but if its not sleeping its working . So for time being I'm disabled the sleep mode.

Info for anyone using nVidia drivers: FINALLY the latest pascal drivers (378.05.05.05f02) give excellent UX, meaning a very fluid experience on the desktop - please note I have not tested any games yet.
An update to this version of the driver is highly recommended!

Hello, i am on mini itx hackintosh with Asus z170i Pro Gaming - 6700k - Gtx 1070.

Everything works a part from integrated onboard wireless. I have the bluetooth that recognize devices like my mouse but it can't connect, so it seems to not works.

There is a way, a kext to install or something to have at list the onboard wifi working on this board?

Thanks

Thank you very much, my configuration can go to the installation interface. How does USB3.0 work?

Some general forewords:
- I prefer to use Clover and not MultiBeast/UniBeast for both the installation drive as well as the running OSX
- I have tried choosing hardware that is most compatible with OSX
- Everything works 100% unless specifically stated :)
- I always try to modify (etc BIOS) and edit as little as possible to make sure my runs as good as possible

Some thanks are in order: Stork for the ASUS support, tonymacx86 for the Clover guide, and everyone else on this site for creating an incredible community!

So, to start:

Pre-work:
a/ Download Clover
b/ Download the attachments to this post
  • config.plist file
    • I use SMBIOS 14,2 since I find it the most stable. Also, the black screen fix used in El Capitan for 17,1 is not working on Sierra...
    • I have been trying other SMBIOS'es, but none work as fast and stable as the iMAC14,2, so I would highly recommend this.
    • Please note I have disabled some USB ports according to THIS guide by ammulder to make sure I can fit inside the 15 port limitation. If you use some of the motherboard integrated USB ports, please see THIS resource file to determine what ports should be reenabled. HUGE kudos to ammulder for the excellent guide on this!
  • Kexts Sierra.zip - all the kexts you will need for this build - place these kext files into the EFI/Clover/Other folder and delete all the numbered ones
  • 2 SSDT files - one for the USB config, the other for the Realtek sound

0. My system

Motherboard: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming, BIOS v1904
Processor: Intel Core i5-6500
Memory: Crucial 3000MHz 4x8Gb
GPU: ASUS GTX970 4Gb Strix
Monitor: LG 4k monitor, displayport

Keyboard: Apple Wired Keyboard - fully works at boot
Mouse: Logitech M510 - fully works in BIOS and Clover

1. BIOS settings

First load all optimal settings!

Then change these 4 settings:

Advanced Items
- USB Configuration > XHCI Hand Off > Enabled
- System > Serial > Disable serial port

Boot Menu
- Fast Boot > Disabled
- Secure Boot > OS Type > Other OS

2. Create Clover install USB

I personally recommend any USB 3 speed drive, at least 16Gb!

To install, use the attached files. Please note I have crossed out my serial number and MLB, so please take the time and create your own unique version to have iMessage running fine.

You should be able to reach the install screen with the new USB drive - if you have "Unrecognized CPU" error, just drop NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in with the other kexts. You can create a CPU-specific SSDT after you have OSX running.

3. Post-install

For working audio, boot at least once from your new drive (not the USB), mount your EFI partition, and then run the script from here: audio_cloverALC-120.command.zip.
After reboot, audio works fine for me.

To have iMessage working, create your own serial number and MLB with Clover Configurator.

And with the 14,2 SMBIOS first and second stage boot logos are 100% OK.

Please let me know I can help any further!

Hello, I've same configuration you have. Can you explain the preparation process step by step? I've download the 10.12.5 mac os from apple store and also downloaded clover v2.4k_r4061 (which is written on the downloaded file). Now what? Please explain step by step.

Essentially, Download All Files Provided By Kristof Then:

1. Get A USB Drive At Least 8GB
2. Install Clover Boot-loader Into It
2.1 Get Kristof's Provided Files Ready
2.2 Copy SSDT's Into ACPI/Patched
2.3 Copy Kexts Into Kexts/Other
2.4 Change The config.plist Boot Args To Only State The Following (Delete All Other Boot Flags): -v
3. Copy Over The Install Mac OS Sierra Into The USB, Put It Into The Partition Where The EFI Isn't (If You Do Need The File, Reply Saying So.)
4. Do Kristof's BIOS Config
5. Make Sure You Have The USB In The First Boot Selection, Should Say On USB: UEFI: USB_NAME
6. Partition A Drive To OS X Journaled Extended Using The Built In Disk Utility On The USB
7. Install Mac OS 10.12
8. Boot Into The HFS Drive (The Drive You Just Installed Sierra Into)
9. Wait For The Installation To Finish
10. Install Drivers
11. Finished

I Hope I Helped, If You Need Any Extra help, Just Reply And I'll Provide You With Anything / Help You Need ;)
- Gamstar

I'm working with Sierra 10.12.5 ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming, i5-6600k, GTX 1060 6G, apple wifi and bt. The MB BIOS rev is F5. Everything is on stock clocks.
I can't use the FakeSMC plugins from Multibeast - Sierra 9.1.0. GPU and LPC kexts both cause kernel panics on boot. Any ideas?
Thanks!

This build was working great for me for several months until I upgraded to 10.12.5, then the graphics card/integrated graphics both has issues. I was able to select the "Inject Intel" option in the clover boot menu, then updated the nvidia webdriver to the latest version. Now the monitor plugged into the nvidia card work great, but the monitor plugged into the motherboard works but extremely slowly, and at times will slow the entire system down just to render a finder window. I installed the latest "Intel HD 5xx/6xx Graphics" kexts (Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext) but still have issues. Any idea how to keep the system from grinding to a halt when using the motherboard graphics to render a simple window?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back