Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] 10.12.4; ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming, i5-6500, 970GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
maybe I am stupid, maybe I have a problem :)

As my second machine I have following components:
Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
Intel i7 6700K
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB

I followed the instructions here.
Downloaded 10.12.4 (no other option in app store)
Created the USB drive with Clover r4035, put the kext in other and deleted all numbered folders, put the aml in patched and copied the config. Created a new serial number in that.

I can boot and install macos. When installation is finished and it's rebooting, I cannot boot from the disk I installed mscos on.
When I go back to the clover boot from USB stick, I can only select to boot installation from the stick.

Tried on SSD and HDD with same results.
Bios is back to default with the tweaks from the 1st post.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Hendrik

Hi all,

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
Intel i7 6700K

Created the USB drive with Clover r4035, put the kext in other and deleted all numbered folders, put the aml in patched and copied the config. Created a new serial number in that.

I can boot and install macos. When installation is finished and it's rebooting, I cannot boot from the disk I installed mscos on.
When I go back to the clover boot from USB stick, I can only select to boot installation from the stick.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Hendrik

I don't exactly know what is happening but I also have experience different installs. I have installations where I can boot and install macOS from USB and after initial restart I still cannot see my HDD/SSD so just selecting the USB will continue the macOS install. After this, I can successfully boot from the drive and do my post installs.

I also have installs where I booted from USB and made the install, after reboot I can immediately select and boot to the HDD/SSD.

So, try to select the USB and wait until it finishes the install.

Hi all,

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
Intel i7 6700K

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Hendrik

I had the same issue before. I tried with lower version on clover (3961). and after installation updating clover. It worked with me .

I don't exactly know what is happening but I also have experience different installs. I have installations where I can boot and install macOS from USB and after initial restart I still cannot see my HDD/SSD so just selecting the USB will continue the macOS install. After this, I can successfully boot from the drive and do my post installs.

I also have installs where I booted from USB and made the install, after reboot I can immediately select and boot to the HDD/SSD.

So, try to select the USB and wait until it finishes the install.

Installation starts from beginning

I had the same issue before. I tried with lower version on clover (3961). and after installation updating clover. It worked with me .

With that version I stuck at the loading apple (progress bar not moving, but colored mousewheel is rotating)
Will try 3974.

Problem solved. 10.12.0 is working. Found that version on the web.
With 10.12.4 installation is not possible.
Will make a backup and then slowly upgrade and hope it works.

Hello, I'm Trying to install Mac OS X and i have this error, do you know what to do?

i include my config.plist

Mother: asus z170 pro gaming aura
CPU: i7 6700k
GPU: Radeon RX 480 (i know you need to edit some code)

And using the config.plist that you provide us in the post have an error too

I attach the screenshots of both errors

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.4 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_2051.JPG
    IMG_2051.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_2052.JPG
    IMG_2052.JPG
    787.8 KB · Views: 106
Hey, I have an ASUS Z170i Pro Gaming too. Any idea why my displayport is not working?

I have a working 10.12.4 using Clover r4012, r4049 breaks the NVMe support for me.

The audio patch causes a kernel panic, multibeast with just the ALC1150 fix works though.

Last edited:
Hi, I haven't updated to 3202 yet, but I'm on the previous one (3016 I think) and everything works fine...

Hi, I just installed my dual boot with the 3202 and everything works for me ...
@kristof: thx for this guide! I also didn't want to use unibeast / multibeast.

@ALL noobs like me: if you need more detailed guide for installing dual boot hackintosh 10.12 / windows 10 let me know. I can share the guide I made for myself after successful installation of both systems.

My System - Almost passively cooled open case with RGB PSU, AIO and RAM

Motherboard: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming, BIOS v3202 – standard BIOS adjustments needed
Processor: Intel Core i5-6700 – works OOB
Memory: G.Skill trident Z RGB 3000MHz 2x8Gb – has problems with the motherboard and xmp profile – unstable boot sequencies - need xmp profile to be disabled – than no problem - runs at 2133 MHz now
GPU: Onboard HD 530 – works OOB under different name
Monitor: LG Ultrawide 34UC88 HDMI-port – works OOB and correctly recognised as LG Ultrawide
PSU – Thermaltake Toughpower RGB 750W – smart fan on – fully passive since the beginning
CPU Cooler – Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ring RGB 360 mm

Case – Thermaltake core P3 Snow edition

SSD 1 – Samsung 850 Evo 250GB for MacOS
SSD 2 – M.2 Crucial MX300 512GB for WIndows

Keyboard: USB Logitech G11 Keyboard - fully works at boot and Clover
Mouse: Logitech G-Series - fully works in BIOS and Clover

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back