[SUCCESS] 10.12.4; ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming, i5-6500, 970GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello , I tried to install from Mac AppStore
Motherboard: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming
Processor: Intel Core i7-6700k
GPU: Nvidia Geforce gtx 960 4Go
My problem :
1- I used Vmware to create usb install using Unibeast ,at the end Unibeast crash but still the usb works
2- At the install of os x i have this problem
busy timeout kextd wait appleacpicpu

Pleasee Help Me

Attachments

• IMG_20161030_032010.jpg
    IMG_20161030_032010.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 248
Last edited:
Hello , I tried to install from Mac AppStore
Motherboard: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming
Processor: Intel Core i7-6700k
GPU: Nvidia Geforce gtx 960 4Go
My problem :
1- I used Vmware to create usb install using Unibeast ,at the end Unibeast crash but still the usb works
2- At the install of os x i have this problem
busy timeout kextd wait appleacpicpu

Pleasee Help Me
It works now i use safe mode to install os x

NB : this is 10.12.1 (16B2657)
Finally graphics card works and audio also :headbang:

Some general forewords:
    • Please note I have disabled some USB ports according to THIS guide by ammulder to make sure I can fit inside the 15 port limitation. If you use some of the motherboard integrated USB ports, please see THIS resource file to determine what ports should be reenabled. HUGE kudos to ammulder for the excellent guide on this!
  • Kexts Sierra.zip - all the kexts you will need for this build - place these kext files into the EFI/Clover/Other folder and delete all the numbered ones
  • 2 SSDT files - one for the USB config, the other for the Realtek sound

Kristof,

First of all, thank you for your extremely helpful guides 10.11/10.12. I bought my hackintosh with your MB/configurations in mind.

I have stolen all of your files and kexts and they all work great. I'm having a few small problems that I want to know if you are having as well. First, my audio is all over the place... I can either get the HDMI audio from my monitor or the "green line out for speakers/green front for headphones" to work. Not simultaneously. I use Multibeast and select -100 series, 5.1 AND ALC1500 and then after restart they ALL work. But, after another restart/shut down it goes back to only one of the options working. This is bothering me but it doesn't seem like I am far from a solution. By the way, I did use your suggested script. No difference.

Next, my USB ports on the front of the machine are not working anymore. (just 2). ALL others are working. I used to have the front ones working in 10.12.0 sierra. not sure if it is your file or not. I see you posted something above about USB but I am not sure what to do with the .DSL file. Not understanding why only 15 limit i think we can have 26 according to this: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/usb-new-raise-port-limit-patch-for-macos-10-12-sierra.202329/

Those are my main two issues. Also, when your computer is booting to Clover. Is there like a split second with an ugly white glitch? I am getting that now... (Didn't use to get it) Not a big deal but if you know of a fix that would be nice. Anything in the Bios possibly? I know I am using a cheap graphics card (just to get away from the ugly glitch in sierra with HD 530). Other than that, it seems like my hackintosh is running just fine and fast.

Sorry for the long message, if you don't have ANY suggestions you are still appreciated because you have already saved a lot of us some stressful time. Again, thank you!

Thanks for linking the audio script. I couldn't get audio after running MultiBeast multiple times with different settings.
It's fixed now! Fully working audio through aux cable :)

Hi, can anyone post a complete guide to install Sierra with clover? I have about the same configuration of kristof.petho.
Sorry but for me is the first time to make an hackintosh! Thanks.

Last edited:
Some general forewords:
- I prefer to use Clover and not MultiBeast/UniBeast for both the installation drive as well as the running OSX
- I have tried choosing hardware that is most compatible with OSX
- Everything works 100% unless specifically stated :)
- I always try to modify (etc BIOS) and edit as little as possible to make sure my runs as good as possible

Some thanks are in order: Stork for the ASUS support, tonymacx86 for the Clover guide, and everyone else on this site for creating an incredible community!

So, to start:

Pre-work:
a/ Download Clover
b/ Download the attachments to this post
  • config.plist file
    • I use SMBIOS 14,2 since I find it the most stable. Also, the black screen fix used in El Capitan for 17,1 is not working on Sierra...
    • I have been trying other SMBIOS'es, but none work as fast and stable as the iMAC14,2, so I would highly recommend this.
    • Please note I have disabled some USB ports according to THIS guide by ammulder to make sure I can fit inside the 15 port limitation. If you use some of the motherboard integrated USB ports, please see THIS resource file to determine what ports should be reenabled. HUGE kudos to ammulder for the excellent guide on this!
  • Kexts Sierra.zip - all the kexts you will need for this build - place these kext files into the EFI/Clover/Other folder and delete all the numbered ones

0. My system

Motherboard: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming, BIOS v1904
Processor: Intel Core i5-6500
Memory: Crucial 3000MHz 4x8Gb
GPU: PNY GTX760 2Gb OC
Monitor: ASUS V247, DVI-port

Keyboard: Apple Wired Keyboard - fully works at boot
Mouse: Logitech M510 - fully works in BIOS and Clover

1. BIOS settings

First load all optimal settings!

Advanced Items
- System Agent (SA) Configuration > VT-d > Disable
- USB Configuration > Legacy USB Support > Auto
- USB Configuration > XHCI Hand Off > Enabled
- System > Serial > Disable serial port
Boot Menu
- Fast Boot > Disabled
- Secure Boot > OS Type > Other OS

2. Create Clover install USB

I personally recommend any USB 3 speed drive, at least 16Gb!

To install, use the attached files. Please note I have crossed out my serial number and MLB, so please take the time and create your own unique version to have iMessage running fine.

You should be able to reach the install screen with the new USB drive - if you have "Unrecognized CPU" error, just drop NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in with the other kexts. You can create a CPU-specific SSDT after you have OSX running.

3. Post-install

For working audio, boot at least once from your new drive (not the USB), mount your EFI partition, and then run the script from here: audio_cloverALC-120.command.zip.
After reboot, audio works fine for me.

To have iMessage working, create your own serial number and MLB with Clover Configurator.

Please note I did not have to meddle with nvda_drv=1 since my GTX 760 is supported out of the box in OSX. And with the 14,2 SMBIOS first and second stage boot logos are 100% OK.

Please let me know I can help any further!

Hi kristov

Thanks for the great guide, I bought the Z170 pro gaming motherboard looking at your success. I have everything working except my HDMI audio. I used your script and under Output I have a new entry called Internal Speakers (type built in). I have built in speakers in my monitor, I have selected that but I get no sound using the internal speakers, I only get sound using the headphones attached to the green line in.

I have used the config plist you attached and run the audio script you attached. Is there any other thing I need to do to make audio work, like add an audio kext or something? I am adding my kext for you to have a look at. Please help.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.2 KB · Views: 279
Hi kristov

Thanks for the great guide, I bought the Z170 pro gaming motherboard looking at your success. I have everything working except my HDMI audio. I used your script and under Output I have a new entry called Internal Speakers (type built in). I have built in speakers in my monitor, I have selected that but I get no sound using the internal speakers, I only get sound using the headphones attached to the green line in.

I have used the config plist you attached and run the audio script you attached. Is there any other thing I need to do to make audio work, like add an audio kext or something? I am adding my kext for you to have a look at. Please help.

Hi, sorry, no idea. I just use the speakers connected to the green line and they work...

Some general forewords:
- I prefer to use Clover and not MultiBeast/UniBeast for both the installation drive as well as the running OSX
- I have tried choosing hardware that is most compatible with OSX
- Everything works 100% unless specifically stated :)
- I always try to modify (etc BIOS) and edit as little as possible to make sure my runs as good as possible

Some thanks are in order: Stork for the ASUS support, tonymacx86 for the Clover guide, and everyone else on this site for creating an incredible community!

So, to start:

Pre-work:
a/ Download Clover
b/ Download the attachments to this post
  • config.plist file
    • I use SMBIOS 14,2 since I find it the most stable. Also, the black screen fix used in El Capitan for 17,1 is not working on Sierra...
    • I have been trying other SMBIOS'es, but none work as fast and stable as the iMAC14,2, so I would highly recommend this.

0. My system

Motherboard: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming, BIOS v1904
Processor: Intel Core i5-6500
Memory: Crucial 3000MHz 4x8Gb
GPU: PNY GTX760 2Gb OC
Monitor: ASUS V247, DVI-port

Keyboard: Apple Wired Keyboard - fully works at boot
Mouse: Logitech M510 - fully works in BIOS and Clover

1. BIOS settings

First load all optimal settings!

Advanced Items
- System Agent (SA) Configuration > VT-d > Disable
- USB Configuration > Legacy USB Support > Auto
- USB Configuration > XHCI Hand Off > Enabled
- System > Serial > Disable serial port
Boot Menu
- Fast Boot > Disabled
- Secure Boot > OS Type > Other OS

2. Create Clover install USB

I personally recommend any USB 3 speed drive, at least 16Gb!

To install, use the attached files. Please note I have crossed out my serial number and MLB, so please take the time and create your own unique version to have iMessage running fine.

You should be able to reach the install screen with the new USB drive - if you have "Unrecognized CPU" error, just drop NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in with the other kexts. You can create a CPU-specific SSDT after you have OSX running.

3. Post-install

For working audio, boot at least once from your new drive (not the USB), mount your EFI partition, and then run the script from here: audio_cloverALC-120.command.zip.
After reboot, audio works fine for me.

To have iMessage working, create your own serial number and MLB with Clover Configurator.

Please note I did not have to meddle with nvda_drv=1 since my GTX 760 is supported out of the box in OSX. And with the 14,2 SMBIOS first and second stage boot logos are 100% OK.

Please let me know I can help any further!

Hi, can you post a complete guide to install Sierra with clover? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back