Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] 10.11.6; ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming, i5-6500, 760GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have similar problem

I create boot usb with clover and yours files - setup bios like you - boot clover, select osx install - and lcd immediately go dark ( when i boot with -v -x) i only see "++++++++++++++++"

I don't any video card.
I use onboard video card.

Best Regards,

These posts are pretty dated...wondering if anyone out there is still alive :)...and offering aid to a noobe using same ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming mobo; followed the basics on BIOS settings and creating Clover Installer...keep getting the "not happening" sysmbol Zero with line through it. towards end of loading progress bar underneath the Apple logo; on both the USB and on my last install on my NVMe, which was running successfully, on another MSI Z97-G45 Gaming mobo.
So now I am attempting to mod that install (using MultiBeast or whatever...just cannot get past the No symbol. Any thoughts from anyone would be most appreciated! Thanks in advance to all the sterling gents and ladies out there who have posed so many helpful ideas and loads of info.

These posts are pretty dated...wondering if anyone out there is still alive :)...and offering aid to a noobe using same ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming mobo; followed the basics on BIOS settings and creating Clover Installer...keep getting the "not happening" sysmbol Zero with line through it. towards end of loading progress bar underneath the Apple logo; on both the USB and on my last install on my NVMe, which was running successfully, on another MSI Z97-G45 Gaming mobo.
So now I am attempting to mod that install (using MultiBeast or whatever...just cannot get past the No symbol. Any thoughts from anyone would be most appreciated! Thanks in advance to all the sterling gents and ladies out there who have posed so many helpful ideas and loads of info.
Use the forum Search tool to look for 'prohibitory symbol' or 'still waiting for root device'.

Sadly, I am still struggling with this build....better part of 48 hours working on it. Even updated BIOS on this mobo to 2018 from 2015. Still getting the danged prohibitory sign. Someone insisted that the config.plist_Devices_USB be edited with this comment: "Did you forget to edit your CLOVER and config.plist properly?"
Where is the file they are referring to? On the Install USB? Cannot find the Clover directory referred to.
Please point me in the right direction.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 4.04.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 4.04.00 PM.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 71
Where is the file they are referring to? On the Install USB? Cannot find the Clover directory referred to.
Please point me in the right direction
Mount the EFI partition and you will find it there, inside the /EFI folder.

Kristof,
Thank you for the valuable info.
After 3 days of creation, destruction, re-creation and re-blowing it up...:banghead:...I have finally succeeded in getting a successfully running Mojave 10.14.6 build on my ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming mobo with Core i7-6700K/48GB RAM/M.2 NVMe boot drive. Even LAN, USB and messages are now working just like down-town :D.
I have a newly found respect for how fragile these things are, when a noob like me (...at customacs) is slashing and thrashing through the configuration options. After about 18 installs, I finally got it right; thanks to you and all the great resources found on TonyMac86.com! (yes, I made a $$ contribution). Again, with great respect and appreciation; thanks to everyone who keep this thing afloat!

Mount the EFI partition and you will find it there, inside the /EFI folder.
Pilgrim,
Thanks for the help. And it did help me understand.

FYI, I eventually realized that having the ethernet cable attached while trying to do these maneuvers was keeping the system time set to current. Anyone who has been installing older MacOS versions on regular Apple machines these days has to know by trial and error, that the time clock on any system has to be moved back to early 2019 to allow Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra...and not sure about other earlier MacOS versions; to allow them to be installed. Because you know who, doesn't want to make it easy for anyone to keep older systems alive. So attempting to do these installs was failing with the prohibitory icon; meaning "you cannot go there from here in OUR present time...".

So, after one gets to the ready to install MacOS stage on the mounted USB installer; then you have to bring up the terminal utility to set date back to early 2019 i.e. (date 0300002019), then go to your next step i.e. prepare your target disk for installation, then do the MacOS install...magically, it sails through. But remember to keep the system off the internet or it will update the date automatically. Now there already may be something in Unibeast that fixes this...if so, it didn't solve my problem. What solved MY roadblock is the system time clock trick as above.
If I am off base here, or need more info...please feel free to advise.
Best wishes to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back