Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] 10.11.6; ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming, i5-6500, 760GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great guide!
Would that work with Sierra?

Hello Petho,
Do your usb 3.0 ports have any problem recognizing external hard drives in Sierra? Only 1 in 6 of my usb 3.0 recognize external hard drive, although they have no problem recognizing wired keyboard or wired mouse. Only the 2 usb 2.0 work normally.

This tutorial works great and helped me a lot to get started.

But I'm facing two issues, which I found partial information on the forum and web only. As I have this exact mainboard (ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming) but a NVIDIA GTX 970.

The issue concerns dual monitor. My main monitor is plugged on the DisplayPort on the graphic card. Works fine. If I add the second monitor while computer on, it will work fine. Now, if I reboot, the boot will fail and crash.

I have tried updating the BIOS to the latest version, tried search the error and tried various OsxAptioFixDrv* files, without success. Any idea what I am missing?

Another thing I noticed is that Clover Configurator and the EFI drive sometimes corrupt the config.plist. Sometimes the file is half-full or broken. That's off topic but maybe someone knows the issue and can help to avoid this to happen.

Thanks for your time and help! :)

hello, I'm italian, I installed Sierra on my PC, but I had some problems.
At the beginning I use multibeast to install some kexts, but I was not able to use internet (both ethernet and USB wifi was not recognize), and also the resolution of MacOS was not satisfing. After that, my PC was not able to recognize my usb drive (the drive with multibeast). So I was forced to reinstall windows. Someone can help me?
IMPORTANT INFO:
My config:
-intel i6 6500
-ASUS h170 pro-gaming
-16gb RAM corsair
-SSD samsung 850 EVO 500gb
-Nvidia 750 TI

I installed macOS with unibeast, (not clover), and in UEFI mode.
Thanks you.

Last edited:
Yo, I know that this isn't a guide for osx Sierra but I have an issue... I used multi beast to get the USB setup, can boot into clover but it says select clover drive (something like that) but once I select the drive called external(where my clover efi is) it just takes me to a blocking cursor like a blinking underscore, I have the same mobo and CPU but I'm using integrated for this. Any help? Thanks

EDIT:
Never mind, apparently i didn't copy Sierra, i guess multibeast messed up, got it working about few days after i wrote this, this wouldn't of worked without your help Kristof so big thanks to you!

Last edited:
kristof.petho...

I believe I have the exact some motherboard. One thing I have not managed to get working is the bluetooth. Now I have not followed your procedure, I just followed the standard TonyMacx86 guide. I am curious: could you expand a little on how to get the bluetooth working? I am too afraid to simply copy your config.plist file in place of mine. Thank you!

Hello

I have problem with boot the install
i have

z170 pro gaming
radeon rx480
i5 6600k
16gb ram

I create boot usb with clover and yours files - setup bios like you - boot clover, select osx install - and lcd immediately go dark ( when i boot with -v -x) i only see "++++++++++++++++"

what i do wrong?

Ok now bot to the install but i have only grey screen boots is loooong

Try use the onboard first to see if the gpu is the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back