Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] 10.11.6; ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming, i5-6500, 760GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I have now prepped the required files/edits for a working 10.12 Sierra, and all seems to be working :)
As soon as Sierra is released, I will create a thread in that section of the forum to guide anyone who needs help.

Hello Kristof.Petho, thank you for this guide and the attachments, I succesfully built my first hackintosh! I followed the tonymac guide initially but did not get any sound, so I altered my plist with yours and ran the audio command file, and the sound worked perfectly! The only thing that has not worked is the usb 3.1 port. Also I do not have usb type C so I have not been able to test it yet. Does your usb 3.1 port and type C work normally?
One again, thank you very much!

Hello Kristof.Petho, thank you for this guide and the attachments, I succesfully built my first hackintosh! I followed the tonymac guide initially but did not get any sound, so I altered my plist with yours and ran the audio command file, and the sound worked perfectly! The only thing that has not worked is the usb 3.1 port. Also I do not have usb type C so I have not been able to test it yet. Does your usb 3.1 port and type C work normally?
One again, thank you very much!

Hi, I need to test those as I am not using them at this point. I have a couple of USB 2 devices (like webcam, printer), and a few USB 3 devices (HDD, USB drive)...

Hi everyone, I have now prepped the required files/edits for a working 10.12 Sierra, and all seems to be working :)
As soon as Sierra is released, I will create a thread in that section of the forum to guide anyone who needs help.

I am now running Sierra GM, did an update through the Mac App Store. This is incredible. Everything works!!! :)
I will write up the guide in the Sierra Desktop Guide section probably tomorrow.

Thank you for this write up, I currently have the same motherboard and everything seems to be working fine, although I have a few questions about some issues.

1. Front Headphone jack gives static, but the audio in the back works fine
2. Currently unable to use the onboard hdmi and display port outputs, and only DVI for right now. This is important because I would like to get 4k out to a 4k monitor, but that is only possible through display port on this motherboard. This is my only solution until GTX 1070 drivers are released.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for this tutorial! I am totally beginner to hackingtosh. Could you please provide kext for 10..11.6.?

Last edited:
I am now running Sierra GM, did an update through the Mac App Store. This is incredible. Everything works!!! :)
I will write up the guide in the Sierra Desktop Guide section probably tomorrow.

Are you saying you installed Sierra directly through the installer from the app store, or did you have to go through the entire process with clover again?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but this is my first time upgrading to a new OS on a Hackintosh.

Are you saying you installed Sierra directly through the installer from the app store, or did you have to go through the entire process with clover again?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but this is my first time upgrading to a new OS on a Hackintosh.

Hi, I did a direct update through the App Store. All it took was 15 minutes and I was booting into Sierra. Quite incredible considering we are running Hacks, right? :)

My usb is not bootable. I have followed the tutorial, made it bootable with El Capitan and Clover/Unibeast, but once i get to select the booting device, and once i select my USB drive, then nothing, happens, it just skips to Windows! Please, can anybody help me!

Million thanks in advance!!!

Last edited:
Hi, I have same mobo ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming but different processor i7 6700. So, Is it advisable to use same config.plist file which you have used ? And I don't have any Graphics, So I would be using Intel HD Graphics 350.
Can you please share the link for the guide to create a USB with CLOVER. And POST Installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back