Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
It wasn't easy!!
I needed to boot up with Empire EFI v1.085 cd (I don't know why it wouldn't boot up with Tony's CD it said something about cable error. I thought it might have been because my CD/DVD drive was IDE instead of SATA but now that I read people booting with your CD I don't know what happened).
Anyways, I installed OSX.
Ran Multibeast from the iBoot CD, restart, and the laptop boots up just fine without the need of CD. Getting the audio to work was a hassle. After restarting, I had audio, but installing IO80211 kext for wifi broke audio.
After install IO80211 kxt for Wifi, I had to re-install multibeast to get audio working again.
After this, I could not access battery info. I installed Voodobattery sometinhg.. and got that working.
This is still a work in progress so last night I installed a differnet kext for audio let's see if it doesn't break beacuse after two days, audio was disabled again out of nowhere. The kext was a modified Voodoohda kext "supposed" to work for Creative SB X-FI systems.
I kept researching and got bluetooth 365 to work with another kext and a script that runs on startup.
The whole process was VERY complicated for me (this took from Friday 11 am to Sunday 3 am to get it fully dual booting SL and Win 7, because there is little to NO info on getting this done on my system (specs below). I had a lot of trial and error going on but I hope to hep anyone to do it way simpler than I did.
THANKS to TONY, THE MAN!!

The things that keep me going back to Win7 are:
For some reason some hotkeys don't work (I am not to surprised as my keyboard is the backlit keyboard so theres something not normal there).
I was able to get the resolution to 1280x1024 by editing the com.apple.boot, I added 1920x1080x32, but 1280x1024 is the highest resolution I can get.
No QE/CI
I can't adjust the display brigthness
And of course, the CPU is running full speed all the time and it eats the battery out.
Specs: (In signature)

Nice to hear that it's working out for ya- I'm actually quite jealous- you're in pioneer country. That's the fun part- when nobody else has your exact specs and you're searching and solving things on your own! :clap: :mrgreen:

That's so true, it made it so much special when I finally got it working! Thank you so much for your work, its GREATLY appreciated!

how did you get it to work with the intel hd graphics card and not an AMD or Nvidia?

this is the only thing im not sure about.
help

mikez said:
how did you get it to work with the intel hd graphics card and not an AMD or Nvidia?

this is the only thing im not sure about.
help

It just worked right of the box after the installation finished. No need for a special kext or anything

hi david i would like to know which version did you use of empire efi 1.085 and what is the status of your mac project now. could you get everithing to work?
i cant get to the installation screen empire efi reboots when i put the mac dvd

Alright, let me get this straight, Empire EFI is a replacement for iBoot? thx

@david_ag

Just wanted to resurrect your post and find out if you have any tips for a Dell Studio 1558 Core i5 since you mentioned you went through a lot of guess and check to get your install dialed in.

I just finished my second Hackintosh and am jazzed about dual booting my 1558 with SL & Win7, but have read nothing but horror stories online til I found your post.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Following up with my first attempt to get SL on a Studio 15.

I know everyone who has tried and realized you can't have it all abandon it. But I'm stubborn, and determined to get at least a little more functionality from my Dell 1558. The Radeon HD5470 is the biggest wall that may keep me from reaching the promise land with this laptop. Here's what I got so far:

Specs
  • Intel Core i5-520M 2.40GHz [recognized][/*:m:3kwo40jx]
  • 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 [recognized][/*:m:3kwo40jx]
  • 15.6" (1080p) LED Display [Obviously not working with full resolution.][/*:m:3kwo40jx]
  • ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470, 1GB [Screwed? Probably definitely!][/*:m:3kwo40jx]
  • Creative SoundBlaster X-FI MB 1.2 [working][/*:m:3kwo40jx]
  • Intel WiFi Link 6200 [Not working. Tried bcm43xx_enabler.sh but didn't work.][/*:m:3kwo40jx]
  • 85 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery [Battery indicator not working/showing][/*:m:3kwo40jx]

Installation Method
  1. iBoot ATI 5xxx-3 from TonyX86[/*:m:3kwo40jx]
  2. SL Retail DVD Install[/*:m:3kwo40jx]
  3. Update to 10.6.4[/*:m:3kwo40jx]
  4. MultiBeast From TonyX86[/*:m:3kwo40jx]
  5. Restart, Install Dell Studio Kexts I've found on this forum[/*:m:3kwo40jx]

Thinking about getting one of these Belkin F5D8013 N Wireless Notebook ExpressCard to solve the wireless issues.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Attachments

• S1200KP Generic.txt
    8.8 KB · Views: 380
so i have a dell studio 1558 also, but i'm having a few problems. i'm pretty sure this isn't specific to the sound card, but more of a general kext issue... when i go to turn the volume up or down via keyboard it acts as though it is being held down and the keys only work once, it's pretty difficult to explain. have you had/heard of this issue?

i tried to same kext enabler as you for the wifi and had no luck(i put the 4353 line in the enabler). i'm thinking of just buying a new card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back