Contribute
Register

Succes install high sierra on asus p8p67 rev3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone of you use apfs as file system? I get stuck on a black screen with a static " - " at the bottom when adding apfs.efi (for High Sierra 10.13.4) to clover/drivers64UEFI. I have a P8P67 Pro using clover 4497. Can anyone share his config.plist and SSDT please?

@bobpedro, please add details of your motherboard (Mobo) to your profile (personal details).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2018-07-17 um 22.44.49.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-07-17 um 22.44.49.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 199
Last edited:
Nice one, what is your bios version, which clover version do you use? I tried newest clover version 2.4k_r4586 with ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi but still no luck. It still hangs on this:

I used the Legacy boot mode that is found in the Multibeast 10.3.0 (2). Did not add any apfs drivers. Formatted the drive as HFS and it is converted to APFS after install. BIOS version is 3602.

I had hang problem which I solved by disabling bluetooth from bios.

Hi guys,

Long time casual lurker on the forum (not my first post but I've been absent for a while)

I've just updated to high sierra (went from mountain lion to sierra, then couldn't get the audio to work on sierra) because when I first built my customac it had a GT 520 which worked out of the box, but after a long time without booting the machine on the os side and having changed gpus I had to upgrade because the gpus I had weren't supported by 10.8 (a GTX 750 Ti and more recently a GTX 1050 Ti)

I'm not sure about Sleep/wake but on 10.8 everything (apart from the more recent gpu) everything else was working: USB 3.0, my bluetooth dongle, etc.

I was wondering if anyone managed to get usb 3.0 working on a p8h67-m pro B3 (not using any DSDT, just kexts/clover)
I've got system definitions according to the machine's specs which are similar to the 2011 3.1 iMac (iMac 12,2)

Cheers

Hi guys,

Long time casual lurker on the forum (not my first post but I've been absent for a while)

I've just updated to high sierra (went from mountain lion to sierra, then couldn't get the audio to work on sierra) because when I first built my customac it had a GT 520 which worked out of the box, but after a long time without booting the machine on the os side and having changed gpus I had to upgrade because the gpus I had weren't supported by 10.8 (a GTX 750 Ti and more recently a GTX 1050 Ti)

I'm not sure about Sleep/wake but on 10.8 everything (apart from the more recent gpu) everything else was working: USB 3.0, my bluetooth dongle, etc.

I was wondering if anyone managed to get usb 3.0 working on a p8h67-m pro B3 (not using any DSDT, just kexts/clover)
I've got system definitions according to the machine's specs which are similar to the 2011 3.1 iMac (iMac 12,2)

Cheers

I have p8p67 pro rev 3.0
These are not working for now (10.13.5 clean install)
Onboard Bluetooth : Had to disable from bios, because it was making boot process really slow, like 5 minutes)
USB3.0(Nec/Renesas chip on my board)
Onboard Audio ALC892 : Worked one time, but could not make it work after. I use hdmi audio or bluetooth audio (ORICO bluetooth dongle)

My board has a different chip I believe (asmedia) I had it disabled in order to make installing the os easier but tried enabling it afterwards and it makes booting take forever (not sure how long since I thought it was taking too much time and gave up)

The ALC892 seems to be working (hard to tell if all the jacks are working but they seem to be)

I've got a couple Bluetooth dongles (need to have 2 to use in Windows 10 because of the PS3 controller) and both work (both are broadcom despite one being a Belkin and the other Asus)

Is anyone experiencing an unwanted startup after shutdown? I know this issue from Windows but with disabling "fast-boot" Windows is shutting down fine. Im running High Sierra on P8P67 Pro Rev.3.0 using Clover with UEFI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back