Contribute
Register

Stuttering in mouse cursor on Intel Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
1631971127767.png

It's still going on :/
Sorry I took long again, I've been working overtime this week.

Well your USB configuration looks a lot better. Sorry it didn't fix your mouse stuttering issue.

Have you tried using the mouse on another system to see if it has the same issues?

I assume you have tried using a number of different USB ports since you exported and installed the USBPort.kext in your system.

You are using a USB Receiver for the mouse. Where is this located, in a port at the front of the case or on the rear I/O plate (hidden below a desk)?

I had some issues with my Logitech Mouse/Keyboard (more the keyboard) and ended up using a USB extension cable so I could position the USB receiver at the base of one of my displays.

Something like this - https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=usb+ex...827832&tag=googhydr-21&ref=pd_sl_2zha84k0wd_e

Some Keyboard & Mouse combos come with a USB extension cable, my Logitech set did and that is what I use.

I have a macbook pro here, it works just fine, in the same machine as the hackintosh I have a dual boot with windows, and it also works fine.

I believe it might have to do with the fact sometimes my cpu fan goes crazy here, especially when turning the pc on, and every now and then I have processes consuming up to 100% cpu and sometimes up to 700% (kinda don't know how, maybe it's because I have an overclock)

The processes that take up most are, tailspind, spindump, bird, brave browser and mostly Window Server

I have a macbook pro here, it works just fine, in the same machine as the hackintosh I have a dual boot with windows, and it also works fine.

I believe it might have to do with the fact sometimes my cpu fan goes crazy here, especially when turning the pc on, and every now and then I have processes consuming up to 100% cpu and sometimes up to 700% (kinda don't know how, maybe it's because I have an overclock)

The processes that take up most are, tailspind, spindump, bird, brave browser and mostly Window Server

Hi @xizzun --

This isn't really a fix, but when I was using a USB dongle based wireless Logitech, I had a similar problem in my Hackintosh. I found that the stuttering was worse when I plugged the dongle directly into the motherboard's USB ports.

What seemed to help is if I plugged the dongle into a USB hub that was connected to the motherboard. I guessed that there must be some sort of buffer in the hub as it directed inputs from its different ports. I surmised that the buffer "smoothed" out the activity. Again, I didn't really delve into this, but the hub seemed to help.

Eventually, I got an Apple Magic Mouse, which is really nice, especially with side swiping capability.

Good luck!

Ted

Well your USB configuration looks a lot better. Sorry it didn't fix your mouse stuttering issue.

Have you tried using the mouse on another system to see if it has the same issues?

I assume you have tried using a number of different USB ports since you exported and installed the USBPort.kext in your system.

You are using a USB Receiver for the mouse. Where is this located, in a port at the front of the case or on the rear I/O plate (hidden below a desk)?

I had some issues with my Logitech Mouse/Keyboard (more the keyboard) and ended up using a USB extension cable so I could position the USB receiver at the base of one of my displays.

Something like this - https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=usb+ex...827832&tag=googhydr-21&ref=pd_sl_2zha84k0wd_e

Some Keyboard & Mouse combos come with a USB extension cable, my Logitech set did and that is what I use.
Can you answer the questions in the linked post. So I know what you have tried.

The mouse working in any other machine, or with windows means it is unlikely to be a mouse hardware issue. That is all it tells me, as they aren't using the same ports, drivers or setup as your Hack. Your hack is a separate entity that needs to be fixed in isolation to any other system.

You answered my first question, there were two other questions asked.

Have you installed the custom USBPorts.kext you created for your system? If yes, how and where?

How do you know your USB ports were properly mapped?

Mapping the ports on an AMD B550 motherboard is a little more involved than with a Coffee Lake Z370 MB.

Post a copy of your USBMap.kext, so we can see if there are any issues with your AMD boards USB ports.

I have never been able to find a solution for this in many years. Occasionally, the mouse will just lag, both bluetooth and USB, sometimes speakers make a bit of noise too using the on-board audio. Just little glitches, not often, a few times per day for a few seconds at a time. Never been able to figure out why this is or how to fix.

Because it's difficult to reproduce reliably on demand, it's hard to figure out the cause it seems.

Most likely cause is an incorrectly configured USBPorts.kext or USBMap.kext.
Lack of USB power settings, might come in to the mix.
Last would be a defective mouse. Also the easiest to test, i.e. on another system.

Hi everyone

Having the same issue with my hack (Z490 Vision G, MX Master 3). I assume everything is configured properly as I never messed with CaseySJ's golden build. Is there a chance it could be due to interferences between BT, wifi, etc? Basically, specific individual conditions.

I will play with different ports and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back