Motherboard
Aorus z390i Wifi
CPU
Intel Core I9 9900k QQBY
Graphics
ASUS Reference RX 6800 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys, I used to run an AMD platform, and ever since I changed to an Intel platform for hackintosh (i9 9900k z390 aorus mini) I've been facing some terrible issues:

* My logitech Mx Master 3 mouse, used with a usb unifier, keeps stuttering horribly at times, it's very annoying, it's like the driver stops working for some seconds then continues and the movement feels very choppy. It doesn't happen all the time.
* Sometimes spindump and tailspind runs at like 600% cpu, the cooler gets to max RPM and the mouse pointer bug appears
* Although I have a 4.8ghz OC in bios, which work on windows, on Mac I keep seeing the stock clock. When I used AMD that didn't happen, I could see full speed. Maybe this is impacting in performance.

Sometimes all of a sudden the processes (especially WindowServer and kernel_task) start consuming a hella load. That usually makes the mouse problem start happening.
1630593119076.png

Can anyone help me on that? It's been such a pain

specs:

OpenCore 7.0
iMac19,1
i9 9900k
z390i Aorus Wifi

I suffered the same problem with an i7 10700, solved disabling geolocalization in preferences/privacy :)

I suffered the same problem with an i7 10700, solved disabling geolocalization in preferences/privacy :)
The only problem with this approach is geolocalization is really important :/

I have a small reservation about the correctness of the screenshot above. In that all 14 ports are set with the connector type USB3.

Are you using the USB2 Header port on the motherboard, anything connected to this header would need to be set with the connector Type 'Internal'.

1000-2.png USB2 header port highlighted in Red rectangle.

Are you not using the Built-in WiFi/BT connector? This has a USB2 port allocated for the Bluetooth module, possibly HS14 or similar port is commonly used. If this port is being used, it usually has to be set as Connector Type USB2.

Having just one port with the wrong connector type can mess up the whole table and prevent it from working correctly.

I have a small reservation about the correctness of the screenshot above. In that all 14 ports are set with the connector type USB3.

Are you using the USB2 Header port on the motherboard, anything connected to this header would need to be set with the connector Type 'Internal'.

View attachment 528719 USB2 header port highlighted in Red rectangle.

Are you not using the Built-in WiFi/BT connector? This has a USB2 port allocated for the Bluetooth module, possibly HS14 or similar port is commonly used. If this port is being used, it usually has to be set as Connector Type USB2.

Having just one port with the wrong connector type can mess up the whole table and prevent it from working correctly.
I'm using the 3.0 port beside that one you highlighted. I will redo the process maybe I screwed it. And I'll tell you

It will only be the two ports from the USB2 header and the single port from the WiFi/BT connector that can cause you any issues as your motherboard doesn't have any USB2 ports on the rear I/O plate. If you are not using the USB2 Header, then it will only be the Bluetooth USB connection that is wrong.

Assuming you included the Bluetooth USB port in the SSDT-UIAC.aml.

1000.png z390i Aorus Wifi rear I/O plate.

Unsure I did it correctly, but it looks like that now. Though the issue persists.

Side notes:
only happens in this hackintosh, not on windows nor on a mac I got here
1631407972090.png

No, that looks better in one way, i.e. You have changed some of the port connector types. But it looks worse as you have removed most of the physical USB3 ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back