Contribute
Register

Stuttering in mouse cursor on Intel Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is your build an exact replica of CaseySJ'a build, i.e every component including the case?

If not then you might need to amend the USBPorts.kext to suit the ports and connections on your case. Not necessarily the rear I/O plate ports, but definitely the Front Case ports connected to the internal header connectors on the motherboard.

There is also a chance that using WiFi in the 2.4GHz range can interfere with the Bluetooth signal, as it uses the same frequency. Switching your WiFi to the 5GHz range, if that is an option, can help improve the Bluetooth single.

Another issue can be poor signal strength when the case is hidden under a desk. Using extensions for the aerials from the WiFi/BT card can improve WiFi and Bluetooth signal strength, see this thread created by @jaymonkey, for a clearer understanding of the solution .

Is your build an exact replica of CaseySJ'a build, i.e every component including the case?

If not then you might need to amend the USBPorts.kext to suit the ports and connections on your case. Not necessarily the rear I/O plate ports, but definitely the Front Case ports connected to the internal header connectors on the motherboard.

There is also a chance that using WiFi in the 2.4GHz range can interfere with the Bluetooth signal, as it uses the same frequency. Switching your WiFi to the 5GHz range, if that is an option, can help improve the Bluetooth single.

Another issue can be poor signal strength when the case is hidden under a desk. Using extensions for the aerials from the WiFi/BT card can improve WiFi and Bluetooth signal strength, see this thread created by @jaymonkey, for a clearer understanding of the solution .

Hi Ed, I'm having the same issue. Built a hackintosh for my girlfriend with the same motherboard (aorus z390i) and have issues with the Logitech G305 mouse, which may work fine, but suddenly the mouse just jumps, over to the other side of the screen. Tried every USB port, front and back, remade de USBmap.

The case is on the desk, sitting at the left of the monitor so there's aroun 1Mt of distance.

I also got her a Magic Mouse and keyboard. The KB randomly disconnects and she ended up using it with cable as its unreliable for working, and the mouse has this horrible latency which makes it unusable.

All the components work perfectly with her MBP from work. The Wifi/BT card is a BCM94360CD with an M2 adaptar, which uses and internal USB header for the BT I believe.

Would you give me a hand or check my files are correct please?

Yes, post a copy of your EFI, with the serial number removed from the config.plist.

Can you also provide a screenshot showing the Hackintool USB tab, so I can see which ports are set with which connector type.

Funnily enough, after a system upgrade these issues came back - do you still experience them as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back