GTX 760
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I thought everything was working great BUT my audio isn't. It is sometimes distorted, especially when I'm doing something like in Photoshop, if I move a layer front to back etc the sound starts to get choppy and stutter etc. Anyone having any issues? It happens when I'm playing iTunes in background and am working in foreground.

Re: HELP!

OK I give up. I currently am using the DSDT.aml/legacyHDA.kext method to get my sound working. How do I change to voodooHDA.kext and see if it is any better? I tried last night and ended up with no sound so I put it back the way it was. I've tried several different legacyHDA.kexts as well as both the 10.6.1 and 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kexts.

Thanks

Have you tried the most recent Multibeast?

It has an install option for your audio (Realtek ALC889A) under LegacyHDA. If you run that and use the 10.6.2 AppleHDA you should get working audio. There are two options under your audio; I'd go with the latter unless you have a really old case.

I think I fixed it. I have been having issues of instability as well and I got really pissed so I was about to do a complete reinstall of OSX and W7 so I went and upgraded BIOS to F8 and it reverted back to default setting. I decided not to be so aggressive on my memory setting so I left them default instead of setting to the memory timing to advertised specs. They are at 9 9 9 instead of 8 8 8 and now my sound has cleared up. I don't know if it was BIOS related or memory timing. I will investigate. However I never noticed this problem until I updated to F7 a few days ago but I reset BIOS setting then too and I could have set something wrong. I am happy to say the least. I've been in a funk all day because of this.

Woo hooo!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

If you had been using the most recent DSDT it was probably the BIOS; the DSDTs are usually made from the most recent BIOS updates.

Congratulations! :D

I can't say I noticed that problem, but I was using the F7 DSDT with the F8 BIOS for a while, not the other way around. I run my memory qt 8-8-8-21 and it's fine, but I have 1600MHz modules which I run at 1333MHz so...

Hey lectrcman- would you mind changing the thread title to reflect the content? Thanks! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back