Contribute
Register

(Stupid) Noob-friendly power button wiring for powermac G5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The FW Ground is the ground for that whole panel. No splitting is needed, just hook that up to a ground on your F_Panel header on your mobo, or if you have firewire header you can put the ground there. That one ground is all you need, then connect the Power+ and LED+ and you'll only have 3 wires and your power button will work and so will the LED.

I can't thank you enough Ellhead. AMAZING help, quick and to the point. Thank you so much!! :clap: Seriously, it's been very long (if ever) since I've gotten such polite and helpful advice in a forum

This is my very last question, and only to be absolutely 100% sure: My MB-manual does not mention GRD - I assume that PWR+ is for the power button and PWR- is for ground? :)

Thanks once again Eelhead :)

only 8 years later and i did this yesterday. just saw your comment now eelhead about FWground LOL, wish i'd have read page 2. h well, nothing a good multimeter didnt sort. thanks for sharing as always.

Hi, I'm new here and i'm new to wiring. I was able to solder the Power Button+ and Power LED+. The computer powers on as soon as the PSU's switch it set to on. This leads me to believe that the button is signaling the computer to go on. However, the LED doesn't turn on and the button won't turn off the PC. How do I configure the ground? Do I just electric tape it to the side of the case?

Thanks,

Aidan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back