Contribute
Register

Stumbling to run installation on Skylake i5 6300HQ (Dell 7559)

Status
Not open for further replies.
my 7559 with i5 6300hq was success with bios version 1.0.1,you could try it.

my 7559 with i5 6300hq was success with bios version 1.0.1,you could try it.

Thanks for the heads up.

I will definitely try it. Would you mind sharing your latest episode folder which worked?

Thanks

Not working for me, man... What version of the installer did you use? 10.12.2? 10.12.3?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2 MB · Views: 83
Not working for me, man... What version of the installer did you use? 10.12.2? 10.12.3?
10.11.5and10.12.2,did you remove all devices before power up?it need to insert installer after screen show 'dell'.or try other vserion bios(I try that one by one)

What is the issue?
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" for how to properly report problems...
Also, if your laptop has a single RAM stick installed (instead of two), you will need to specify the memory details in config.plist/SMBIOS/Memory.

What is the issue?
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" for how to properly report problems...
Also, if your laptop has a single RAM stick installed (instead of two), you will need to specify the memory details in config.plist/SMBIOS/Memory.

Rehabman, the laptop has two ram slots filled, as per our prior conversation.

The problem is reported on the first post of the topic.

Hi from Brazil!

I have the same problems with i5 but I followed this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/dell-7559-i5-6300hq-el-capitan-installed-success.210276/

And I was able to boot Sierra installation using legacy and that unsupported sata kext, you are probably missing a step. The only problem I have is my m.2 ssd that is not being recognized by the installer, I will post my results when I get an sata ssd. Another solution you could try is to install on a different hackintosh and move the drive back to the 7559, as a user in the forum suggested that worked for him.

Good luck

EDIT

Got the m.2 sata ssd working, revised all the steps and formated it, dont know what fixed it but i'm glad it is working now :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back