Contribute
Register

Stumbling to run installation on Skylake i5 6300HQ (Dell 7559)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allright. Understood. Yeah, I did mean config_HD520_530_540.plist.

That one is a good place to start.
Your profile is not filled out correctly (see FAQ).

After 3 more hours with bios updates/downgrades, config.plists trials (from both sierra guides), osxaptiofix2drv, I have found out that it was useless - stops in the same place. I could say that something went wrong when I was able to boot that time.

After 3 more hours with bios updates/downgrades, config.plists trials (from both sierra guides), osxaptiofix2drv, I have found out that it was useless - stops in the same place. I could say that something went wrong when I was able to boot that time.

Which version of Clover are you using?
You could try with VboxHfs-64.efi instead of HFSPlus.efi.

You probably should have kept your EFI/Clover that was working.

The one from this guide: 3763.

Make sure you pay attention to the BIOS settings on that page. Seems important...
The instructions there fall into the general practice "disable all the wierd stuff".

I am 100% sure I did every step on the BIOS config. It seems that the i5 version of this laptop does have particularities on the OS X installation, as I have seen other people stopping at the same stage...

I am 100% sure I did every step on the BIOS config.

You should probably do it again.
Keep in mind it is possible for unpatched OS X/macOS to cause CMOS reset.

Also, legacy Clover might be worth a try. I think I suggested it earlier... may have been ignored.

Followed your guide to create a legacy installation USB, however although I can boot into Clover, the installation drive is not shown as an option to boot. Right now I have a MBR FAT32 partition to where Clover was installed and a HFS+J partition to which I have copied the installation files through createinstallmedia method. Any ideas on what to do next so that it is recognized as a boot partition for Clover?

Followed your guide to create a legacy installation USB, however although I can boot into Clover, the installation drive is not shown as an option to boot. Right now I have a MBR FAT32 partition to where Clover was installed and a HFS+J partition to which I have copied the installation files through createinstallmedia method. Any ideas on what to do next so that it is recognized as a boot partition for Clover?

Are you certain you're booting it in legacy mode. It has been a while since I did a Clover legacy setup. HFS support used to be built-in, but perhaps you should check that HFSPlus.efi or VBoxHfs is not needed.

If the correct folder to put the drivers is drivers64, then neither HFSPlus.efi or VBoxHfs-64.efi did the trick. Still unable to see the installation media as a boot drive in clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back