Graphics
EVGA GeForce 9500 GT 01G-P3-N959-TR Video Card
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey I have been lurking around this forum for a while now and i just want to say that this stuff is great! :clap:

Anyway... I have a build that i am thinking about doing and it was featured on lifehacker.

It consists of the following..

Antec Sonata III Case with 500W Power Supply
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i7-860 2.8GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory x 2 (for a total of 8GB); the amount of RAM you choose is optional.
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1.5TB 3.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
LITE-ON DVD Writer - Bulk - Black SATA Model iHAS224-06 LightScribe Support

Seems like a great build and the price for it is just under $1000. (newegg).

Anyway with this build i plan to install some DAWs like Ableton, logic, pro tools.. etc.. and i am just wondering if I should also install a sound card... or if this build should already be able to handle all of this?

Thanks,

Steve

Kellerr said:
Hey I have been lurking around this forum for a while now and i just want to say that this stuff is great! :clap:

Anyway... I have a build that i am thinking about doing and it was featured on lifehacker.

It consists of the following..

Antec Sonata III Case with 500W Power Supply
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i7-860 2.8GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory x 2 (for a total of 8GB); the amount of RAM you choose is optional.
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1.5TB 3.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
LITE-ON DVD Writer - Bulk - Black SATA Model iHAS224-06 LightScribe Support

Seems like a great build and the price for it is just under $1000. (newegg).

Anyway with this build i plan to install some DAWs like Ableton, logic, pro tools.. etc.. and i am just wondering if I should also install a sound card... or if this build should already be able to handle all of this?

Thanks,

Steve

I'd recommend going with Gigabyte boards as they are better supported on this forum with fully tested DSDTs etc. Not sure what the price difference is but more people on here have those boards and you are likely to get better advice and guides on getting it running here.

I wouldn't recommend having a boot drive bigger than 1TB unless you partition it as Chameleon won't work on boot drives bigger than 1TB.

Also I'd recommend the Sony Optiarc DVD drive over any others. Again check the pricing and availability but I'd go with that instead if you have the option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back