Contribute
Register

Studio build upgrade & Catalina installation issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi both.

Just to correct you ...

The number for an internal port should be 255 and not 225.

This will confuse macOS and not work. The USBMap.kext you have is in error.

It is true internal ports, rather than headers, are USB2. At present internal ports are only used for Bluetooth, LED controllers and some new Audio codecs.
Thank you for this information, will change these ports & numbers as soon as i get chance and update on progress :thumbup:

Quick update: I am still working on this build when i get time, i have had to break away from it to get my work mac upgraded and installed with Monterey 12.5.1 & OC 8.3 which the advice and help from this post helped me achieve.

So i hope i will get back to finishing my studio build soon, especially the USB mapping etc......

Thanks again to everyone who has got me this far :thumbup:

(Update)

Firstly thank you to everyone for there advice, info and patience in helping with this new build(As it is now).

I have updated to macOS 11.7 before doing anything else, i also updated to OC 0.8.4, i then made the changes on my USBMap.kext file, all usbs are working with USB2.0 & 3.0, including front USB 3.0 ports, the onboard USB C is'nt working but no biggy for me.

I also have all 3 of my screens working at present which is a big must have for myself, i have added my EFI in case it is useful to anybody, also some pictures below, need to tidy a little more internally, then i hope to try and do a full build post?

Thanks again all :thumbup:

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25.4 MB · Views: 25
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 10.05.52.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 10.05.52.png
    159.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 09.26.56.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 09.26.56.png
    83.2 KB · Views: 21
  • White Mac.jpg
    White Mac.jpg