1. 512K
  2. Plus
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. Quadra
  6. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm stuck trying to apply the 2019-005 update. I've tried through the App Store and using the freestanding install, both have the same result - I'm given an "Install Mac OS" option through Clover, which I select, and then the machine shows a progress bar that advances about 80% of the way and gets stuck for about a half hour, and then the screen glitches and stays that way forever. I've tried applying this update several times and always the same result. Any ideas?

Attachments

• debug_5705.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 46
Maybe this will help... not sure. In your attached config.plist, I note that in the "SMBIOS" window most of the data is blank. You can fix that by clicking on the up/down arrows in the small box on the far right and clicking on your device (MacBookAir6,2) which is already checked, but you will see the complete SMBIOS window filled out when you do that.

Also, I noted that in CLOVER/drivers64UEFI you have both "AptioMemoryFix-64.efi" and "OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi" files installed. IIRC the first file supersedes the second and you might try deleting "OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi" to see if that helps.

You are also missing "FakeSMC.kext" (attached below) in the "CLOVER/kexts/other" folder... that needs to be there and also in your /Library/Extensions folder on your storage disk.

In general I have found that installing the latest version of Clover EFI Bootloader (via Clover Configurator) improves booting. I think the latest is version 5097.

Attachments

• FakeSMC.kext.zip
    35.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
It was the missing FakeSMC.kext in the C/k/o that did it! Update installed, extra entry in the Clover boot menu gone, and (after rebuilding the kext caches) it looks like we're off to the races. Thanks wstrohm, there's a fully-loaded SE/30 set aside in Valhalla for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back