Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Stuck to a logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
as you don't seem to be able to listen to me for some reason...

read these pages:
According to this, it is kind of possible to run Moutain Lion. Anyway, what for? The GarageBand edition of OS X Mountain Lion is probably not worth it, and not even sure I can install it.
I do have another computer with an Nvidia GeForce GTX1660Ti M, but unfortunately it has an AMD Ryzen 7 3750H CPU

And technically if I had the edition of the Inspiron 1520 with an Nvidia GT8600M, I guess it would probably work, since the iMac 7.1 has it and upgrading the CPU to a T9300 allows you to run Mojave on it...
the imac also has a Radeon card which is supported, unlike your laptop's gma graphics, you cannot compare them both
According to this, it is kind of possible to run Moutain Lion. Anyway, what for? The GarageBand edition of OS X Mountain Lion is probably not worth it, and not even sure I can install it.
I do have another computer with an Nvidia GeForce GTX1660Ti M, but unfortunately it has an AMD Ryzen 7 3750H CPU
GTX1660Ti is also not supported

So if I wanted to get MacOS Mojave working on a machine as cheap as possible (laptop), what would I need?

So if I wanted to get MacOS Mojave working on a machine as cheap as possible (laptop), what would I need?
anything new from the past couple of years

check the guides sections:

What about this setup (the setup of a friend):
Intel Core i7 10700F
AMD Radeon RX580
32GB RAM

Yes it is a desktop. I could give it a try, but I have nothing to connect the motherboard to a hard drive, so would it work if I install MacOS onto an external one? USB 3.0 should be fast enough.

Yes it is a desktop. I could give it a try, but I have nothing to connect the motherboard to a hard drive, so would it work if I install MacOS onto an external one? USB 3.0 should be fast enough.
use internal drive if you can as usb drives may not work unless you have setup usb ports correctly (which you are unable to do until you have installed macOS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back