Graphics
EVGA GTX480
CPU: i7-960
MB: ASUS Rampage 3 Extreme
RAM: 6GB Gskill F3-16000CL9-2GBTD
GPU: EVGA GTX480
SSD: Crucial C300 CTFDDAC128MAG

please help.

after a 'successful' installation of snow leopard 10.6.3 with iboot 3.30, i reboot and insert iboot and select 'snow leopard' and it boots to a halt. see attach.

IMG_20161229_172257798.jpg
can someone please help me?

When you select the SL icon at the iBoot screen, hit the spacebar and type -v -x and hit enter.
This will show you what is loading and will boot without the VoodooHDA kext that is causing the KP.

thank you GB. did what you said and it stopped booting at this:
IMG_20161229_211722255.jpg

tried booting again todayIMG_20161231_142648650.jpg and it stops here. does anyone know what this means or how to fix it?

try with boot-args -v -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes

note the boot-args are case sensitive so type exactly as shown. I cannot remember for sure if the GTX480 was supported in SL or not. Do you have an older card like the 9500GT or 8800GS you could use to install and then swap back?

Thanks again GB.

I put in a 9800GT and it works when I type -x at the boot prompt.

I'd like to upgrade to sierra. Can I upgrade directly from 10.6.8? . . or do I upgrade to 10.7.5 first? The guide is not clear to me.

Thanks again GB.

I'd like to upgrade to sierra. Can I upgrade directly from 10.6.8? . . or do I upgrade to 10.7.5 first? The guide is not clear to me.
From 10.6.8, download Sierra 10.12.2, create UniBeast USB, boot the USB, erase the partition with 10.6.8 with the Sierra installer Disk Utility and Install Sierra to the erased partition.
Run MultiBeast post install to install Clover boot loader, audio and networking kexts.

Thanks again GB.

Yes, you need to install Lion first to be eligible for Sierra. MP 3,1 system def will not work so change that to iMac 14,2.

Yes, you need to install Lion first to be eligible for Sierra. MP 3,1 system def will not work so change that to iMac 14,2.
??? Did not know this as I have never tried to download sierra from 10.6.8. All my later downloads have been from ML. Just assumed you would not be able to download anything earlier than Sierra unless you had downloaded it before.
So what you are saying here is that if you are running SL the app store will allow you to download Lion even if you have not downloaded it before?

??? Did not know this as I have never tried to download sierra from 10.6.8. All my later downloads have been from ML. Just assumed you would not be able to download anything earlier than Sierra unless you had downloaded it before.
So what you are saying here is that if you are running SL the app store will allow you to download Lion even if you have not downloaded it before?

Sierra requires the hack to be running 10.7 or later to download Sierra from MAS.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201475

OP will need to upgrade to latest Snow Leopard, buy Lion from Apple Store, download Sierra, and follow install procedures.

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/D6106Z/A/os-x-lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back