Contribute
Register

Stuck! Screen goes black while booting, reinstalling osx doesnt help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Rampage IV Gene
CPU
Intel i7 4930K
Graphics
GeForce GT 740 SC
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi!

I'm working on getting my first build up and running. Everything went smoothly through the whole Unibeast process and I got OSX to boot properly using the npci=0x3000 boot flag.

I went through the Multibeast process and probably messed up something because after reboot I cant get past the boot screen. Tried all the boot flags that I could find that might help but nothing worked.
Figured I'd get back to square one with a complete reinstall of os x, but no, I still cant get past the boot screen.

I've read a lot of threads about this issue and possible fixes, but because I cant get in to redo the Multibeast process, I cant try any of them.

Help!

Cant remember all the settings I chose in Multibeast the first time but I did the DTSD Free install with Mac Pro 6,1 selected.

Exactly which boot screen can't you get past? Have you try'd booting into your installation usb?

Hold F8 or F9 with ASUS or F12 With Gigabyte mobo to get to boot screen and select your USB and then your OS X installation, when you get in there install the correct multibeast settings, and maybe take a picture of the settings you installed.

If you can't get in there maybe just boot into the usb unibeast installation (F8/9 F12, USB, USB (not the OS X) and re-partition the drive and do a fresh install.

(you should post your hardware of the system to)

I did the DTSD Free install with Mac Pro 6,1 selected.

Did you remove the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext ?

Mac Pro 6,1 uses ECC RAM so if you select that definition and you don't have ECC RAM in your build you must delete the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext or you will experience a kernel panic on every boot.

Boot with -x and either change your system definition back to MacPro3,1 with MultiBeast or,
In Finder navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/ and move AppleTyMCEDriver.kext to the Trash.

Restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back