Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[SOLVED]Stuck on white screen after reboot

REWRITE
This has become a decent problem now so I am going to rewrite this post to be more clear.

I had OS X running for several days by going in and out of sleep mode with no problems. I have not installed any kexts recently or changed anything about my system, but when I rebooted, after the initial Apple loading screen, I just get a white screen with a movable cursor. I could boot into OS X using -x, but I couldn't fix it from there.

After this I tried to boot into my USB installer, but that was not working properly either and would do the same thing (get stuck at the white screen with a cursor or spinning wheel). I was able to boot into the installer with the -x flag as well, so I installed OS X again, but then I could not boot after using Multibeast.

I also wondered if this was a BIOS issue, so I made sure to reset all of my settings but it did not help.

I have reinstalled OS X on this build quite a few times now with no issues, so I'm afraid of some kind of hardware failure, though I did remove my GPU and got the same kind of results.

However, Linux and Windows 7 work just fine, so I am at a loss.

So, this happened to me in between installing OS X and Set-Up/Multibeast.

Given this happened at different times, we probably have different problems. =But boot flag "PCIRootUID=1​" helped me. Looks like from previous threat you've also tried Maxmem 4096 and -x right?

Thanks for the suggestion, but that did not help me. What's even stranger is that now my Yosemite USB installer does not work. When I boot into it, it gets passed the initial loading and then gets stuck on the white/grey screen as well except now with a spinning wheel. I have been messing with this for a while and I cannot get it to boot like before. -X gets me into my installed OS X, but it freezes shortly after. I thought maybe some of my BIOS settings got messed up since this was so unusual, but I reset my BIOS settings and it has not helped. I have even removed my GPU to make sure that was not the source of my problem.

I can also boot into Linux and Windows just fine.

It looks like I can get into the installer using the -X flag so I may just try and reinstall OS X and hopefully it works. I'd still like to know why my USB installer that I have used several times without -X, now suddenly needs it.

Bump, just rewrote the OP to be more clear. Help is much appreciated.

EDIT
I don't want to count my eggs before they hatch, but I think I figured it out. I noticed that my BIOS had reset near the beginning of this, so I had reset the BIOS settings myself to make sure they were squared away, and forgot to disable vt-d. My installer has booted up just fine so I think we are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back