Contribute
Register

Stuck on "Still waiting for root device" then prohibited sign and distorted text.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z97-A
CPU
Intel Core i5 4690k
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Windforce 3x
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi guys!
I have a bit of a problem trying to boot my Sierra installer on my HP ProBook 4520s with the following specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5 450m
GPU: 1st Gen Intel HD Graphics (Device ID: 0046, Vendor ID: 8086)
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1066MHz
SSD: 120GB HyperX Fury
Audio: IDA HD Audio
Wireless card: Atheros AR9285
Ethernet: RTL8191SE

As the title said, i get "Still waiting for root device" when i try to boot my macOS Sierra Installer, and like 0.5 seconds after that i get a prohibited sign and distorted text on the screen.

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext is removed from S/L/E on the USB stick and AHCI is activated in BIOS

Things that i've tried to resolve this issue so far is:
  • Tried all of the USB ports and three different USB sticks
  • Used RehabMans USBInjectAll kext (tried without it as well)
  • Changing from iMac14,2 to MacbookPro6,2 and 6,1
  • Replace Clovers FakeSMC with RehabMans (probably the same but i wanted to rule out everything before writing this)
  • Tried both Unibeast and CreateInstallMedia on a genuine Macbook Pro (and yes, the .app file is a geniune one from the App Store)
  • Tried the following boot args (without commas ofc, and in different combinations): -v, -x, npci=0x2000, USBBusFix=Yes, UseKernelCache=No, cpus=1
  • Tried both Legacy boot and UEFI boot
  • Ticked in Kernel LAPIC in Clover Configurator under Kernel and Kext patches
Anyone who knows how to resolve this? Or is it a lost cause? :p

I've uploaded my EFI folder as a ZIP file in this thread so someone could take a look at it and see if i'm missing something. (Note: i know i have kexts in the 10.12 folder aswell, that was just me experimenting a bit, it didn't do any difference to have them there or in the "other" folder)

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 162
  • EFI.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 150
Not a Desktop - Moved to Sierra Laptop Support

Hi guys!
I have a bit of a problem trying to boot my Sierra installer on my HP ProBook 4520s with the following specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5 450m
GPU: 1st Gen Intel HD Graphics (Device ID: 0046, Vendor ID: 8086)
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1066MHz
SSD: 120GB HyperX Fury
Audio: IDA HD Audio
Wireless card: Atheros AR9285
Ethernet: RTL8191SE

As the title said, i get "Still waiting for root device" when i try to boot my macOS Sierra Installer, and like 0.5 seconds after that i get a prohibited sign and distorted text on the screen.

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext is removed from S/L/E on the USB stick and AHCI is activated in BIOS

Things that i've tried to resolve this issue so far is:
  • Tried all of the USB ports and three different USB sticks
  • Used RehabMans USBInjectAll kext (tried without it as well)
  • Changing from iMac14,2 to MacbookPro6,2 and 6,1
  • Replace Clovers FakeSMC with RehabMans (probably the same but i wanted to rule out everything before writing this)
  • Tried both Unibeast and CreateInstallMedia on a genuine Macbook Pro (and yes, the .app file is a geniune one from the App Store)
  • Tried the following boot args (without commas ofc, and in different combinations): -v, -x, npci=0x2000, USBBusFix=Yes, UseKernelCache=No, cpus=1
  • Tried both Legacy boot and UEFI boot
  • Ticked in Kernel LAPIC in Clover Configurator under Kernel and Kext patches
Anyone who knows how to resolve this? Or is it a lost cause? :p

I've uploaded my EFI folder as a ZIP file in this thread so someone could take a look at it and see if i'm missing something. (Note: i know i have kexts in the 10.12 folder aswell, that was just me experimenting a bit, it didn't do any difference to have them there or in the "other" folder)

Thanks in advance!

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back