Gigabyte GTX 760 OC 4GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,
My hackintosh works fine for 2 years now on el Capitan, thanks to this website.
Since today the computer won't start and is stuck into a reboot loop, and I don't know why…
Everything was fine for now, except that I have to reboot to start the computer because the clover screen was frozen.
But on reboot, I choose the starting disk, and everything was working perfectly.

I tried to reach the BIOS but the computer won't stop rebooting every 5 seconds or more…
If someone has an idea, a clue, it will help a lot.
Thanks a lot !

My configuration :
CPU:
Intel i7 4790k
Graphics:
Gigabyte GTX 760 OC 4GB
Other Hardware:
Z97-D3H
Samsung EVO 250GO
HD 1to
Crucial Ballistix 16GB

Last edited:
I already tried that and the problem is still here.
It's very weird, maybe it's because the computer made a little freeze yesterday, so I had to shut it down pressing the power button for 5 seconds…

Last edited:
Hello there, I'm still stuck with my reboot loop problem.
I tried to reset the RAM with ctrl+cmd+R but nothing happens, the shortcuts only stops the reboot loop but it starts again when I release the shortcut… I don't know what to do, maybe burn my computer, I'm so pissed, everything was working nicely for 3 years…

I tried to reach the BIOS but the computer won't stop rebooting every 5 seconds or more…
If someone has an idea, a clue, it will help a lot.

I missed that part. If your computer fails to POST then it can be a hardware issue.
You should first try to clear the CMOS to make sure that the bios settings aren't cause of the problem.

If that doesn't work I would suggest to unplug everything from your PC like PCI Cards that are not mandatory to boot. And all RAM except one Stick.

Hello, thanks a lot for your answer,
so my SSD and HDD can be read via external plug to my laptop, so it's not a disk problem.
I tried to boot with only one stick of RAM (trying both of them individually), and it doesn't want to start, so it can be a RAM problem or a Power supply, and you're right, everybody seems to say it's a hardware issue…
I didn't install another OS (windows or linux) in the computer.
Maybe I'll buy new RAM sticks, but both of them seems to work, because the blue lights are working on the sticks.
I'll keep digging the problem, and I let you know.

Thanks again, I appreciate

Hello, so I cleared the CMOS by removing the little battery from the motherboard, and replaced it few hours later.
I still have the same problem… There's only one stick of ram, the GPU and the power supply plugged on the motherboard. I think the problem comes from the power supply…but I can't know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back