Graphics
GTX 1050Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
This is my first time trying to install Mac OS Sierra on a pc so bear with me. My specs are on my account, unfortunately my motherboard is quite rear so i can't get much help with that. But i I'm using a usb 3.0 mom stick in a usb 2.0 slot at the back, i can successfully load onto clover and when i try to boot from the usb the apple logo comes up and the loading bad shows but freezes instantly, please help as i need OS X right now.

This is my first time trying to install Mac OS Sierra on a pc so bear with me. My specs are on my account, unfortunately my motherboard is quite rear so i can't get much help with that. But i I'm using a usb 3.0 mom stick in a usb 2.0 slot at the back, i can successfully load onto clover and when i try to boot from the usb the apple logo comes up and the loading bad shows but freezes instantly, please help as i need OS X right now.
using a usb 3.0 mom stick in a usb 2.0 slot at the back
You managed to Boot a USB 3.0 Sierra Installation Flash Disk through a USB 2.0 port? I take it that it happened the other way with a USB 2.0 Flash disk in a USB 3.0 port because of backward compatibility of the port. Since you mentioned the disk booted through Clover Boot Manager Screen and displayed an Apple logo screen and then froze, my suggestions are:
  • Boot your Sierra USB installer in Verbose Mode with -v in the Clover Boot Manager's Options>Boot Args:- along with existing flags there.
    • GUI booting with Apple Logo can mask important Boot messages on screen which Verbose mode can display
  • If there is any boot problem, take a good photo of the Boot Screen and upload that image using the "[Upload a File]" button toward Bottom Right of this message window.
    • Reviewing the text displayed on screen , we could often make a good guess as to the possible causes of boot failure and suggest a troubleshoot based on what we could see from a clear image uploaded to the Forum

You managed to Boot a USB 3.0 Sierra Installation Flash Disk through a USB 2.0 port? I take it that it happened the other way with a USB 2.0 Flash disk in a USB 3.0 port because of backward compatibility of the port. Since you mentioned the disk booted through Clover Boot Manager Screen and displayed an Apple logo screen and then froze, my suggestions are:
  • Boot your Sierra USB installer in Verbose Mode with -v in the Clover Boot Manager's Options>Boot Args:- along with existing flags there.
    • GUI booting with Apple Logo can mask important Boot messages on screen which Verbose mode can display
  • If there is any boot problem, take a good photo of the Boot Screen and upload that image using the "[Upload a File]" button toward Bottom Right of this message window.
    • Reviewing the text displayed on screen , we could often make a good guess as to the possible causes of boot failure and suggest a troubleshoot based on what we could see from a clear image uploaded to the Forum
Thank you for this, i thought i might have to do that, i run OS in verbose when i get back tonight, thankyou for the reply, and i mean my flash drive is usb 3.0 plugged into a usb 2.0 so i imagine it wouldn't make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back