HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey all,

New to forums and want to say thanks for all of the great resources. I built my machine with the golden Moarfish build as the basis.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-builds/58062-moarfishs-build-ga-b75m-d3h-i5-3570k-69.html

-GIGABYTE GA-B75M-D3H LGA 1155 Intel B75 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX
-Intel Core i5 3570K Processor 3.4 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155
-Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 1600mhz DDR3 RAM
-TP-LINK 150Mbps Wireless PCI Express Wifi card
-Samsung 160GB 7200rpm 3 gb/s HDD (From an old Dell)
-INTEL HD 4000 graphics (No dedicated card yet)

I followed all of the instructions properly ( I think) and I get a green success check after installation. I then reboot, and I select Mountain Lion from the Chimera screen. I then get the apple logo and a spinning wheel that hangs forever.

Some possible issues:
  • I paid for and downloaded 10.8.4 and many of the guides I see use a slightly older version, like 10.8.2 for example.
  • I am using a VGA monitor, and I have read that VGA isn't supported by ML, but I am seeing things just fine and I can get to the install screen without any boot flags.
I have tried booting in -v , and -s mode, also with GraphicsEnabler=No amongst other flags. Any Help here would be great. My first post here so I hope I am including everything that I need to be. Thanks!

-cpk33

Can you use HDMI via a TV? As Moarfish and hundreds of others have documented VGA does not let the machine boot. Some GPUs will work but VGA is firmly NOT recommended.
OS X10.8 is designed as a digital 64bit OS, its ahead of the game at the moment but Microsoft will no doubt catch up very soon.

VGA will not exist on new products worldwide from 2015 - I suggest you come to terms with this notion sooner rather than later. :thumbup:

Adrian B

Thanks adrian and mindhormone for your quick responses.

Thats a great idea, I will try my TV when I get home from work. My vga monitor is essentially a square and terrible to use.
I have also not set the internal graphics memory to 64mb. Thanks a bunch.

I will follow up in a couple of hours. Thanks!

OK got home and tried it. I even partitioned the Hard drive again and no luck. I am now plugged into my HDMI TV... Any other suggestions? Thanks again for your quick responses.

adrian, I cant thank you enough. That worked!!

Moving forward, what should I change do to keep from having to boot with -x? I don't mind if I do, was just wondering if there is another/better way. Thanks again man.

-cpk33

adrian, I cant thank you enough. That worked!!

Moving forward, what should I change do to keep from having to boot with -x? I don't mind if I do, was just wondering if there is another/better way. Thanks again man.

-cpk33

Well lets see if we can sort that out right now. Google 'Kext Wizard' and download it then run Repair Permissions & Rebuild Cache on System/library/Extensions
Click the image to enlarge.

Shutdown & try to do a fresh boot without a boot flag.

Adrian B

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-08-29 at 13.55.40.png
    Screen Shot 2013-08-29 at 13.55.40.png
    100.5 KB · Views: 227
Stuck on ML boot screen with spinning wheel -SOLVED- TP-LINK wn781nd setup

Hey Adrian,

I actually didn't even need to do that, it is booting just fine. I have one more question... I have a TP-Link WN781ND wireless PCI E card and ML won't seem to recognize it.

I have installed Kext utility and the latest Atheros kext file, not sure what else I need to do to get this running... Thanks again.

-cpk33

Hey Adrian,

I actually didn't even need to do that, it is booting just fine. I have one more question... I have a TP-Link WN781ND wireless PCI E card and ML won't seem to recognize it.

I have installed Kext utility and the latest Atheros kext file, not sure what else I need to do to get this running... Thanks again.

-cpk33

Glad that you have progressed. :thumbup:

About the TP-Link, this is unlikely to work well. The Rev 1 model allegedly worked with a third party kext. The Rev 2 some had working , but you needed to run the boot flag CPU1 or something - anyway it doesn't seem to work for 9 out of 10 people that have tried it.
If you are in the USA, then consider this one from Newegg : http://www.tonymacx86.com/deals-day...wifi-card-25-w-coupon-thru-september-4-a.html

Otherwise the best bet is in the buyers guide and is also a TP-Link.

Adrian B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back